Recent content by ClassicGuy

1. C

JBL A180 Tower Speaker Review

I couldn't get mine to sound good either. A pity, I like how they look.
  2. C

SMSL A300 Stereo Amplifier Review

This review might explain why despite my many attempts to use my SMSL A300 as the primary amplifier, it always ended up back in the storage. There is nothing particularly wrong with it, but I never found it that great either.
  3. C

Let me know what you think of them. I'll tinker around to see if I can get them to work for me.
  4. C

Just got them on sale for $120 each. They sound uhm... not good. Dennis's mod next.
  5. C

Fosi Audio BT20A Pro Amplifier Review

I just had the same problem with my Lepai amp. For me it turns out to be a faulty AUX cable.
  6. C

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

The WiiM app has an option to set the digital output either fixed or variable. I set mine to variable and control the volume via my tablet.
  7. C

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

Also WiiM Pro, in case anybody is interested: https://www.ebay.com/itm/125856946672?hash=item1d4da899f0:g:QtEAAOSwB1xkBtRE
  8. C

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

I would stick with Aiyima A07 in your case. The difference is marginal, and Fosi will probably need to be 50% on dial to achieve the same volume (due to how the volume knob is designed and a different gain).
  9. C

I'd rather have the slightly lower gain to achieve higher THD+N. Also, I don't think you can achieve the SINAD difference between Aiyima A7 (83) and Fosi V3 (88) by simply lowering the gain.
  10. C

Are Fosi's 32V power supply identical to Aiyima's 32V power supply? They look very similar.
  11. C

Oftentimes pre-amp means before amplifier, instead of pre-amplification. Pot is considered pre-amp.
  12. C

Not sure how the Amazon Japan listing looks, but in the US the Amazon listing shows the unit with black knob and does not mention the orange knob at all, so there is no confusion there. I do wish they include the orange knob.
  13. C

I wish the US Amazon listing has the 48v power supply. @Fosi Audio will Amazon have the 48v option?
  14. C

Fosi Audio BT20A Pro Amplifier Review

If you can't stand the heat ... don't get the 48V power supply ;)
  15. C

Fosi Audio V3 amplifier discussion

Is it worth getting the 48v power supply if I play music at moderate volume?
Top Bottom