Recent content by Not Daijoubu

1. Not Daijoubu

KOSS PRO 4AA Review (Headphone)

While this statement corrobates with the experience of multiple people who have used the Pro4AA before, it does not agree with the impressions of multitudes of others, so your statement comes out rather presumptuous and overgeneralized. I can't really speak for the others, but I think I'm...
  2. Not Daijoubu

The Pro4AA bass response does not change going from a Schiit Magni 3+ to a ~150 ohm output vintage stereo amp I have. Stuff like the Porta Pro or ATH-AD900x did get a bass boost on that same amp. It's probably mostly seal dependent. with the Pro4AA. If you have a great seal and no way to really...
  3. Not Daijoubu

Probably seal is different for various people. I for one do not wear glasses, and have never had any perceivable seal issues with any headphone really. Choice of music? - some stuff is really bass skewed, others may be mix/mastered relatively bass "anemic" or is too compressed to appreciate...
  4. Not Daijoubu

Classic bass seal issues with Amir's rig. Yep, that 2.5khz peak is there, but I personally got a great seal with my Pro4AA bought back in 2020 for giggles. so good it isolates better than any other closed-back I have tried. I think Amir's EQ decisions are perfectly fair for getting a signature...
  5. Not Daijoubu

Objectivist friendly and wallet friendly IEM?

No detachable is kinda a dealbreaker for me (along with Spaceship) since I don't want to have to deal with another non detachable among my headphones if I can help it. Afaik the E4000 isn't all that better than the cheaper ones despite being notably more expensive :/
  6. Not Daijoubu

Maybe? I do see some asian manufactures tend to tune the upper midrange rather aggressively i.e. Audio Technica and some other ChiFi IEM brands. Personally I find some 2-3kHz emphasis to be pleasing and pretty natural. Maybe music choice has to do with it; I find extra upper mids gives the...
  7. Not Daijoubu

Though I only recently got my first IEMs, Moondrop has been in my sights since late 2020 because of good things I hear about the Starfields and Blessing 2. I have no plans to get a Starfield, but I will look into getting B2 if it goes on sale again on 11/11 or Black Friday since I generally...
  8. Not Daijoubu

I would be curious in trying an Etymotic myself, though idk if I could tolerate the deep insertion. I have some triple flange earplugs, and while they work marvelously, it really is far too deep to be comfortable. The microphonics too.... I think I'd rather squeeze my head in my Pro4AA for...
  9. Not Daijoubu

Afaik the SSP has more or less the same tuning as the Spaceship predecessor. I have the SSR (non-bass-boosted version) and I think it's quite lovely. Really comfortable to wear, even when sleeping on my side. IMO $20 to upgrade to detachable cable, updated drivers, loop-around-ears design is...
  10. Not Daijoubu

Poll: Do you like Harman's target curve for headphones bass response?

Too much bass hurts my ears since I tend to turn the volume up till the upper-mids are at a satisfying level. Generally, I find lots of bass... intrusive whether it's classical or EDM. IDK, I accept being a bit of an anomaly in terms of signature preferences, but I just cannot live without a...
  11. Not Daijoubu

I got a Moondrop SSR today. Seems opinions on it are pretty polarizing because of the 3kHz peak, but to my ears they sound incredibly flat. If I had a peak like that in an over-ear, it would strike me as unpleasant but not so with these IEMs. If anything, I think it needs better extension in...
  12. Not Daijoubu

Bose QuietComfort 35 II Review (Noise Cancelling Headphone)

Obviously it needs to be repeated over and over so that the results are undoubtedly not just due to random variation. Supposedly, a good sample size is how Harman reached their conclusions on the target curve after all. I'm not a complete neophyte when it comes to statistics and proper...
  13. Not Daijoubu

Bose QuietComfort 35 II Review (Noise Cancelling Headphone)

So these or Sennheiser HD650? :p Surprisingly good measurements, though I personally feel our current repertoire of measurable aspects do not tell the whole picture of whether a headphone is "good" or "bad." I'd be interested in a study in which two different drivers using the same...
  14. Not Daijoubu

Looks like Drop might be 'dropping' a HD800

"You want a dip there to avoid being too high energy." But... what if I like shout. At least to my ears and my music selection, a bit of hotness in the upper mids is preferable.
  15. Not Daijoubu

Bowers & Wilkins P5 Review (portable headphone)

Quite interesting, measurement-wise. Ultra low distortion, maybe rivaling estats. Also bass extension (or the lack of) that make estats with bad seal seem quite good lol. Personally, I don't mind colored signatures or ones that lack good extension (i.e. KSC75) but this... is a bit too sad. As...
Top Bottom