Recent content by NoSnakeOil2

1. NoSnakeOil2

FS: Philharmonic BMR v2 rosewood rectangular (pair)

Hi, I find your argument very compelling.) How "small" is your small room? thanks.
  2. NoSnakeOil2

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

looks like a nice bed for a Pomeranian.
  3. NoSnakeOil2

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

I fear these speakers would come alive and butcher me in my sleep.)))
  4. NoSnakeOil2

Naim Uniti Atom Review (Streamer & Amp)

This makes me wonder about reviewers like Andrew Robinson who think the Uniti Atom is the Bee's Knees. Are the problems inaudible or small enough not to make a difference? Alternatively, are the reviewers getting compensation in some form for their reviews?
  5. NoSnakeOil2

ASR makes me go back to other expensive hobbies ...

I collect ountain pens, and the good thing about the hobby is the variation. One can get high quality at $20 and at $2,000.
  6. NoSnakeOil2

Philharmonic BMR Monitor Semi-Objective Review - Road Show Stop 1

Erin, I was so certain this would be my "end game" speaker..... Maybe my old ears won't pick up on the things you did, because I just want to want them. I love those cabinets. Regardless, thanks for your work on this stuff.
  7. NoSnakeOil2

"Tinnitus anyone?" (UK pronunication)

Hi, just wondering how forum members avoid exacerbating their tinnitus while still getting full sound. FYI, be careful of audiologists trying to sell multi-thousand dollar hearing aids. Three years ago, I did a hearing test and the audiologist said that I "absolutely" needed hearing aids. I...
  8. NoSnakeOil2

Focal Aria 906 vs Polk Reserve R200

do they sound full at lower volumes in the near field? thanks.)
  9. NoSnakeOil2

Focal Aria 906 Speaker Review

Why does Danny's initial measurements on the speaker's linearity look so different to Amir's measurement?
  10. NoSnakeOil2

PS Audio P12 Review Part 2: Power Testing

As Socates once said, "Paul's epistemology sucks.")))
  11. NoSnakeOil2

PS Audio P12 Review Part 2: Power Testing

I saw that PS Audio has a new "Mark" cable that costs $33,000. So, the above product is obviously extreme value for money. )))))
  12. NoSnakeOil2

Newbie Subwoofer Questions

Thanks! That's what i thought.)))) I'll probably have more silly questions in the future. )))
  13. NoSnakeOil2

My current sub just has the connection that goes to the "sub out" on my integrated amp or pre-amp. I guess I could get a SVS sub that has volume software, but I wondered if using the high level posts could provide a cheaper or more elegant solution.
  14. NoSnakeOil2

EQ Software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS/iPadOS and Android.

For Android, I use RE Equalizer. Still looking for something that works well on Google Chrome.
  15. NoSnakeOil2

Hi, everyone. I have a couple of questions on working with subwoofers. 1) Is it possible to adjust a subwoofer's volume without constantly manually turning the knob on the subwoofer itself? Can this be done by using the high level binding posts on the sub? In what order would i hook up the...
Top Bottom