Recent content by Noodles

1. Noodles

MOTU UltraLite-mk5 Review (Audio Interface)

Not sure what you mean but mine used to have 1-2 sec between switching (if it was providing the clock rate). That would be quite normal. Also it’s not like you switch clock rates all the time :)
  2. Noodles

Topping L50 Review (Headphone Amp)

We have no reports of massive faults here at least. Many amps in recent time actually have fw update possibilities. It could be to tune input/output voltages to the TI modules but I don’t actually know as I haven’t seen it from the inside.
  3. Noodles

New product - SMSL AO300

Does CEC work properly after the update ? - volume control through the tv and power off/on ?
  4. Noodles

New Sennheiser HD490 Pro

So, i had these for a bit ~ about 2 weeks and i can say they are pretty good for most things that are not too complicated. For most music and movies... they work quite nicely since the sound in those is not too complicated for the driver to handle. However you throw some underlying constant bass...
  5. Noodles

New Sennheiser HD490 Pro

I'll take that coffee since you are offering :) But yes, these seem like a decent replacement for a HD650/560S pair... not exactly for a 600 though. At 360/480 for a pair it's not exactly cheap either. @solderdude are the pair that arrived built in Germany ... asking to see if i can swallow...
  6. Noodles

New Sennheiser HD490 Pro

I'm very interested in these but don't want to spend the cash prematurely. Will wait for proper measurements as everything so far is not good enough.
  7. Noodles

MOTU UltraLite-mk5 Review (Audio Interface)

Unlikely, it will only handle PCM Stereo from the TV. You pretty much have to send PCM from the LG optical (it does not have another setting for more than 2 channels if i remember correctly)
  8. Noodles

New product - SMSL AO300

does HDCP work properly on eARC? - powering one device powers the other ? Does the volume control from the TV control the AO300 well or are there issues ?
  9. Noodles

ifi Zen DAC and Headphone Amp Review

The change in volume is most likely the factor that creates the perception of boosted frequencies. Or the Opamps are nonlinear (which is less likely). Or they tied the power match to their presence boost circuitry. Either way we need measurements before and after :)
  10. Noodles

ifi Zen DAC and Headphone Amp Review

I seem to remember that one of the other Zen products they have (or on elf the earlier versions of the zen dac) had the same issue with the power match affecting line outs. I don’t really remember which anymore, it’s been a while.
  11. Noodles

XMOS driver settings for no cutoff/delay

It’s very likely a default setting for the driver
  12. Noodles

Topping L50 Review (Headphone Amp)

The difference is in power only. If you need more of it, then yes it’s a good upgrade. Or if you need the passthrough or TRS/XLR pre.
  13. Noodles

Universal Audio Volt USB Audio Interfaces

Well that's what a compressor does. Some have a wider range some narrower. This particular one has ~ 87db A compressor "squishes" the lowest and highest in amplitude tones into a smaller band. That happens to also be one of the main features of the volt.
  14. Noodles

That's for you to decide.
  15. Noodles

The effects on the x76 interfaces also come with a bit of gain as well - that is going to be useful for your sm7b's. The volts are a good choice.
Top Bottom