Recent content by noobie

1. N

Coronavirus Is Indiscriminate

Well... that depends... last year I was hospitalized in Everett at the very hospital where the first US Coronavirus patient was cared for. After several days my white blood cell count had become so dangerously low that the doctors told me that while I should remain hospitalized the reality...
  2. N

What you need to know about the virus in China "2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)"

TL DR - Everyone is guessing. I am guessing that we are not living through an end of times zombie virus apocalypse movie. I am certain that we will have an interesting story to tell our grandkids - either about a great die-off of the human population, or the time when everyone simply lost their...
  3. N

Age distribution of ASR

Where in Italy? I went to the American military high school in Naples.
  4. N

Review and Measurements of SMSL SP200 THX HP Amp

As the saying goes, "overkill is highly underrated."
  5. N

Monoprice Liquid Platinum Headphone Amp Review

Yup - neither of us got personal. I do regret mentioning anything, because in the end this really isn't the place to discuss economic theory, and I certainly am not deeply schooled in that field. I just had a knee jerk reaction to what is a pet peeve of mine. I should know better.
  6. N

I'll stick with what I said. I did not say I agree or disagree with their pricing. I said - in short - that they need to sell for what they need to stay in business and make an adequate profit to make it worth their while. And, the market will give them whatever the market will bear. In...
  7. N

To be fair, minimum price is set by the costs plus necessary markup to stay in business. Beyond that price is set by the market - the value people put on it / volumes they are willing to buy it in, along with any other factors such as production limits and the effects on supply versus demand...
  8. N

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

There does not appear to be any notes on the Topping website that there is a new model of DX3Pro...
  9. N

Sorry, I am a little confused by your reply. Are you willing to ship your modified unit to @amirm ?
  10. N

@eziitis no doubt the original unit has been measured by @amirm quite extensively. I also don’t doubt that some on this thread have the means and possibly backing from others to do testing. But as the thread and the whole forum are founded on @amirm measurements, would be appropriate protocol...
  11. N

Ummm... at the risk of putting my foot in it, can I, rather timidly, once again as I did a few pages back ask @finneybear and others modding their units to send them to @amirm for measurement and comparison to stock units? Brighter minds than mine can then debate the findings, but can there...
  12. N

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered... Can you send the modified unit to @amirm so he can quantify the differences vs stock units?
  13. N

Preview: Monolith by Monoprice Desktop THX Headphone Amp & DAC

Sounds very much like my least favorite Amazon alternate shipper, OnTrac, or as we not so lovingly refer to it, OffTrac...
  14. N

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

At least 6 different studies have shown that 73% of statistics are made up... :-) Sorry a little levity. Back to lurking.
  15. N

DX3 Pro issues

Entirely possible. From my own experience traveling to China, I suspect the blocking is probably more the other direction, however, but with more countries putting up access restrictions, it is possible other countries are affected as well. Not sure why a commercial site for a consumer product...
Top Bottom