Recent content by nonnyno

1. N

Dan Clark E3 Headphone Review

I have a pair barely used mint set which I got donkeys years ago. I loved them (absolutely superb) then got a major ear infection which stopped me using any headphones at all. I certainly wasn't going to contaminate any of my kit. I switched to desktop speakers but tinnitus caused me problems...
  2. N

That's exactly what I was doing but I don't have a measurement rig so its all by ear (not great I'll admit). I start with a Harman ref (oratory?). I try things and see if I can improve upon the sound for me. If they don't work I return to Harman and start again. I must confess I was surprised...
  3. N

Actually I listened to the Noires eq'd to Harman and didn't see much need to shift and have been listening to the hd820's eq'd as well using Oratory's suggestions to Harman. I usually start by doing an EQ to Harman before trying anything myself just for comparison. I preferred the 820 (and the...
  4. N

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Yep indeedy. Mine have just arrived. So happy. Will be getting rid of most of my others.
  5. N

I bought the E3's purely on Amir's review (I took the risk on the SMSL M500 Mk1/E50/L50 and the Aeon 2 Noires and the reviews didn't lie). My E3's have just arrived (last 30 mins). Current Phones are Senn HD820's, DCA Aeon 2 Noire's, Apple Airpod Pro 2's and a set of Sony WH1000-XM5's (for...
  6. N

VMV D2R Stereo DAC Review

Why would one buy this over the su10 or the d400 or the topping d70 pro if one wanted totl flagship performance. They also looks good and have sota performance.
  7. N

TOPPING DX9!

And potentially cosmetically and potentially from a sinad perspective (inaudible I’ll grant you) and it’s more expensive. Ultimately my view is people should buy what they want to buy. If they want onspaffa million on a valve amplifier (read noise generator and space heater) and they have the...
  8. N

TOPPING DX9!

Your statement is clearly not correct. I am a potential customer so the target market does exist! You say they gamble with QC. Frankly I’ve had no failures from either topping or Smsl equipment. I have more than 1 device. I’ve actually had more trouble in the past from both us and European...
  9. N

TOPPING DX9!

A bicycle would be appreciate for most people but it doesn’t stop them buying cars. Most people could get away with a tablet or just a mobile phone but it doesn’t stop them buying computers.trying to impose your value (or risk criteria) on others is really a fools errand. You don’t know there...
  10. N

TOPPING DX9!

Which is fine if you want a stack. If you don’t then not relevant. Many people don’t and would like a totl combo unit.
  11. N

TOPPING DX9!

That’s something of an extension. A failure in what way. It’s a limited edition they won’t produce many and presumably won’t release many for review. I note they were previously showing up on Amazon uk up till a few days ago but have now been removed. I’m interested but won’t buy without an...
  12. N

TOPPING DX9!

such a shame its so wide. From that perspective the d70pro a70pro combo is probably better but I wanted a one box solution.
  13. N

TOPPING DX9!

Absolutely agreed. To me the value proposition on is things as a certain fuzziness to it. If I just wanted the good enough (e.g. what I can hear which btw is a perfectly reasonable criteria for choice) then I’d buy the cheapest dac that get me into the fully transparent range with the cheapest...
  14. N

TOPPING DX9!

I disagree. Define sanity when it comes to the value we put on things. I have a very early model Rolex GMT master. It was my fathers. Its worth quite a lot to a collector. I wont sell it because it reminds me of my father (crazy right - I've been offered more than 20K for it). He bought it...
  15. N

What headphone(s) do you own ?

I now have Ipod Pro 2's (pretty good) for general out and about listening and when on my phone - they're good enough. Sony WH100-MX 5 excellent for work and comfortable A set of DCA Aeon 2 Noires - excellent back to backed them with numerous HP and for me they were able to compete easily with...
Top Bottom