nonnyno's latest activity

• N
    nonnyno replied to the thread Topping a90discrete.
    Interesting to see your comments. I can believe it. My only experience with Focals was in a local Richer Sounds store (UK Hifi chain...
  • N
    I will of course let you know what I think of the Aeon 2 Noires again when the new ones arrive given that I returned the originals I...
  • N
    I'm glad I could be helpful. As I said, Dan Clark ought to be commended for what they've done. I heard the Sennheiser hd820's and Beyer...
  • N
    Hi, Well I sent the d90se and A90d back. Sure they were good and I thought I could hear marginally more detail from the d90se than from...
  • N
    Well like I said previously. I bought the "90 stack" with a view to using the dca stealths balanced on them. The aim was an end game...
  • N
    Ok thank you. I accept I'm not providing the info necessary. I am not an engineer and not particularly technical. I accept that...
  • N
    ok so having set the d90se to dac mode and the output voltage to 5v the a90d is slightly better but still the l50 seems louder. Its not...
  • N
    Well I got the d90se today and plugged it and .... Nope still need to push the volume control to midnight to well over 40 to get any...
  • N
    dont know about the the m200 but my a90d arrived today. Whilst waiting for my new d90se and dca stealths, I plugged an old smsl m500 mk...
  • N
    well obviously it will be a few days between listens so I cant make a direct comparison it will have to be from memory though I don't...
  • N
    that was my calculation. Once bought this is it until a component in the chain blows up. The aeon 2 noires sounded amazing with e50/l50...
  • N
    well it could if a i had a multimeter. b if I lived less than 60 miles from the nearest stores.
  • N
    Yeah well I tried the aeon 2 noire with an e50/l50 and decided it had to be returned to the vendor. It was so good that after reading a...
  • N
    Right thank you for that. Will wait very impatiently ;->
  • N
    or is it something to do with the discrete volume control. Is it linear or calibrated some way differently from a normal pot. I'm new to...
Top Bottom