Recent content by NoMoFoNo

1. N

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

I wouldn't want to be a seller of Hypex or Purifi at this point. Fosi and Aiyima are iterating so quickly that they're already highly competitive with Hypex and Purifi at, what, close to one fifth the price for comparable units at retail?
  2. N

Fosi Za3 or used integrated?

OP it seems like you are all over the place and it's not clear at all what you're looking for. You want to buy an integrated? Great. Do it and then tell us all about it. You want to buy a chip amp like the V3 or ZA3 instead? Great again. I own the V3 currently and love it. I also own...
  3. N

Way cheaper is keeping the Denon you already have. It makes 95wpc.
  4. N

Budget Power Amps for Speakers from Emotiva, Outlaw and Schiit

There is a class of amp-makers I call 'module-in-a-box' makers. They take Purifi or Hypex amp modules and assemble them into complete amplifiers, often with configurable aspects like auto-sense, triggering, etc. I recommend taking a look because there are more options these days than the...
  5. N

If that's the case, and if you don't love the idea of the Yamaha, I would grab the Fosi in a heartbeat. I have the V3 and it has changed my entire approach to amplification. These TPA-325X amps are cheap, small, great-sounding, small, so much to like about them. Try it and send it back if it...
  6. N

Please recommend an inexpensive small desktop amp to drive 120W 8 Ohm speakers (if such exists)

If this is for use on a desktop, you'll never, ever need anywhere near 100 watts to destroy your hearing with almost any speakers. You already have a suitable amp to drive the Yamahas. Just use the V3 or grab another one if needed. It makes an honest 90wpc at 8ohms, far more than you'll ever...
  7. N

Budget Power Amps for Speakers from Emotiva, Outlaw and Schiit

Not the case. Several makers in the US/Europe/UK sell complete amps based on Hypex and/or Purifi modules. Buckeye, Nord Acoustics, VTV, XTZ, several others sell complete units that are reasonably priced and high-performing. Depending on use case, you could also consider some of the...
  8. N

Agree with previous poster about questioning whether the Yamaha will actually sound different/better than the Denon you already have. If you aren't hankering for more power, why the change? The Yamaha is part of a long-running, venerable line of integrated amps. If it's in good shape then...
  9. N

Decision Fosi ZA3, Topping PA5ii Plus, Quad 33/303

The Fosi units will provide more power and cost considerably less than the PA5II, as in about half. The PA5II tests extremely well but the Fosi V3 was no slouch in testing either. I own a Fosi V3 so am biased because I love it driving large floor standers. Honestly, if it were me I would...
  10. N

Fosi Audio's First Dual-Mode Balanced Amplifier ZA3

I signed up at Fosi's site for a 20% 'launch' discount but they are still not showing pricing. I'll be surprised if the price is more than $120-130 with the discount.
  11. N

Help: Topping PA5 II vs PA7

The Topping PA5II and PA7 test very well but I think you're right to worry about their reliability and Topping has suffered badly on the customer service front. I would love to try a PA7 but I simply don't trust at this point. I currently listen to a Fosi V3, which is also based on the TPA3255...
  12. N

3e audio TPA3255 260-2-29A Amplifier Review

Very similar performance but different configurations, with the PA7 using an external power brick. The main problem with the Topping at this point is hesitance in the marketplace because of the PA5 debacle. I've looked at the PA7 and PA7 Plus but have passed so far because I want to see how...
  13. N

Your eye is on the wrong end of the market. IMO you're looking at the wrong end of the market here. Companies like Fosi and Aiyima are ever-so-close to producing TPA325X amps with filtering for more like $100 and change than many are willing to admit. Already Fosi makes the very competent V3...
  14. N

I dunno. Show me the average buyer who isn't really into HiFi as a hobby who won't gobble up small, Class D amps that perform like this for what will become a couple hundred dollars or less (from the likes of Fosi and Aiyima most likely) instead of paying (comparatively) through the nose for...
Top Bottom