Recent content by noiseconnector

1. N

Studio Monitors for now until the end

I've used KH120 for some time and now I listen on KH150. They play scarily good without calibration, but it's to good to have possibility to eq the room. My friend bought KH120 II after we've compared KH150 against few monitors and 120 II are really close to 150's. It's a matter of more low end...
  2. N

JBL 705P Studio Monitor Review

When you consider prices 705P (1190 euro) is closer to KH150 (1460 euro) than KH120 II (800 euro) in Europe. Still it's a matter of quality of internal DSP (JBL has 192/32, Neumann 48/24), power (705P has 250W for either drivers), AES in/out in 705P and DSP control from column. Listening...
  3. N

JBL 705P Studio Monitor Review

I've compared today some studio monitors - JBL 705P, KH150, EVE Audio SC2070, APS Klasik 2020 and some more budget ones and tonality between JBL and Neumann was most similar. KH150 sounded more massive and full because of bigger cabinet, woofer and intended tonality before room eq, but 705P...
  4. N

Avantone CLA-10 (Yamaha NS-10M Clone) Review

Word. NS-10 were never found as a flat speaker. It was a tool and a very good tool for mixing as it could pinpoint every problem in mixes. I've tried that some years ago and the slogan "if it sounds good on them - it will sound good everywhere" is true, but it's mostly the matter about...
  5. N

Event Opal

AFAIK story went that Rode bought Event in 2006 and Rode president wanted to make a ULTIMATE MONITOR SPEAKER, so they really went on. They released them in 2008 or 2009 and when they got really good press and reviews, components went short because of earthquake in Japan in 2011 (they...
  6. N

Speaker for mixing in 45m2 room

Used both KH120 and now I use 8330 (with sub) and both will smoke Adam T series. I won't say that Genelec are bright either. KH120 are little darker than 8x30 but it's a matter of room mostly and buildups in mids could cloud your perception. I recommed 8330 because of built in DSP and GLM - one...
  7. N

Genelec 8320 or 8330, with 7350 sub?

I mainly use them as mix tool, so I listen in nearfield (around 1,4m). Room is 18m2. 8330 are very fine to listen to and I switch to 2.1 just for quick compare in need of bottom octave, but in my room 8330 are going 44Hz -3dB so it's very nice. The crossover to sub is very seamless. One thing I...
  8. N

Genelec 8320 or 8330, with 7350 sub?

Right now I'm testing 8330+7350. My room is treated quite well, but dimensions are quite awful, so there's some peaks and main problem is bass where I have really bad peaks around 30-35Hz. Without GLM sub is going CRAZY. I mean CRAZY. I tried to solve it with Sonarworks before with different sub...
  9. N

Event Opal

Rode bought Event in late 2000's and then gave Event quest to make a ultimate monitor speaker. And they made Opals. AFAIK because of problem with components Event had stopped making them for some time and it was out of stock everywhere. Opals have very high praise in studio world for great sound.
  10. N

Genelec 8010A Powered Studio Monitor Review

What are room measurements (if more precise, we could help you better)? 1st thing - did you tried with switching phase of sub (180 switch and then measure it)? In another pass try with desktop control 8010 - it should help with 160Hz bump.
  11. N

Genelec 8330A Review (Studio Monitor)

One of the best (real sounding) monitors I've heard was Quested. At first I've listened to some pop tracks and it was like... meh. Then I tried some jazz (Chet Baker to be exact) and they blew me away. I could see that he's like a meter behind the columns and when we switch to Whitney Houston "I...
  12. N

Focal Solo6 Be Review (Studio Monitor)

Sorry, but I don't know if it was arranged.
  13. N

Focal Solo6 Be Review (Studio Monitor)

I recall it was common in first two or three years of production, but Focal upgraded something around 2010 in amps and issue ended.
  14. N

Genelec 8330A Review (Studio Monitor)

But still within pro world you have all marketing talk and word of mouth. I've heard many monitors in my life and the most popular models on the market are not necessary the best ones. Many of my friends bought "X" because their friend also use "X". I've worked in a music shop and even when...
Top Bottom