Recent content by NoDad

1. N

Artists You Have Discovered Lately

Two artists I discovered in the last few years. One rise above anything I've heard, Jennifer Warnes! Just wow!. Listen to her album 'The Well' every song is great and a voice that's beyond wonderful. Here's one song from the album - Madeleine Peyroux. Another wonderful artist. Canadian singer...
  2. N

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

Here in our neck of the woods (N. California), Trader Joe's sells Bitburger cans in 4-packs for $5. Less expensive than local brews, even though it's shipped form the other side of the world.
  3. N

Harbeth 30.2 vs kef R3

I upgraded from KEF R300 to Harbeth 30.1. I thought the midrange of the KEF's was too forward. They sounded great initially, but after owning them for a longer period, I got listening fatigue during longer listening sessions. This has totally disappeared with the 30.1's. Now, the R3 may be a...
  4. N

Dirac general functionality question

That's an option as well. I assume this is something you change using a computer or tablet connected to the SHD.
  5. N

Just loooked and it seems the SHD offers four presets, which includes the Dirac settings. And, they have dedicated buttons on the remote for each of the presets. Thanks for the idea. That may solve the issue.
  6. N

That's an idea. I guess I'll take a look to see if miniDSP SHD offer this functionality. I have also been considering the RME ADI-2. I think it offers different presets, but no room correction though.
  7. N

I guess I'll still need tone controls then. To hopefully help, at least a little, with recordings that are mastered with too much/too little bass and/or treble. I was considering getting the miniDSP SHD, but since it doesn't have tone controls I may have to go a different route. I have too many...
  8. N

Thanks. That's what I thought, but I was hoping it was the other way :)
  9. N

How does Dirac maintain the programmed room curve? Is it smart enough to modify it on the fly to match the desired curve? I mean, you have measured and configured your favorite curve. Let's say your room has a peak at 100 Hz and Dirac is set to decrease this frequency by 5 dB to fit the desired...
  10. N

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

If you like Warsteiner you should try Bitburger. Similar, but better :-)
  11. N

DIY magnetic floating stands on spikes

Made me think about a DIY sand filled platform I saw - http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/sandblaster_e.html Simply using a box of sand with a board on top.
  12. N

Thanks for the reply. Looking at the test they did, it doesn't mention whether they used the floor protecting discs or not. I don't doubt the spikes work if they are set directly on the floor. What I am questioning is putting the spikes on a floor disc which is just sitting on top of the floor...
  13. N

This may not be directly related, but it's something I have wondered about. People buy spikes for their speakers to couple them to the floor, but then they put the spike on a coin or a specifically made metal dish (like the ones sold here -...
Top Bottom