Recent content by niloiv

1. N

Genelec 8341 setup for PC and AirPlay

I use a pair of 8341 with my PC. To go full digital, you need a DDC (not DAC but some DAC has DDC function built in) that takes USB or optical output from you PC and outputs SPDIF or AES. Then you could connect to your speakers with SPDIF->AES or AES->AES cable. I use Douk Audio U2 Pro as...
  2. N

Genelec GLM Review (Room EQ & Setup)

just added some acoustic foam to the front wall behind my 8341's and recalibrated the system. the glm report shows now i have one fewer peak and one fewer notch on each side. tbh i can't say i can hear any difference, but still a good investment of $20 for a bit peace of mind
  3. N

I just did a glm calibration for my pair of 8341's, and in the GLM console there's an 'update' on my speaker icons now which is not shown in the tutorial. could someone explain what that means? Also I didn't find an option to get my room acoustic report. I've already logged in with my Genelec...
  4. N

Genelec 8341A SAM™ Studio Monitor Review

I'm considering adding a sub to my current 8341 pair, and planning for the ideal placement. I came across the recommended monitor/sub placement from Genelec (https://www.genelec.com/monitor-placement#:~:text=Using a single subwoofer, a,the highest low frequency output). The two plots are...
  5. N

FS: Buckeye Hypex NC502MP Amp & Topping D30 Pro Dac

All sold. Please close thread. Thanks buyer and ASR.
  6. N

Will take $600 for the amp and $200 for the dac. Pickup in Chicago available
  7. N

Hi ASR, I recently moved on to a digital active speakers setup, and have the following stuff up for sale: 1) Buckeye Hypex NC502MP module 2 channel amp, with silver face Ghent aluminum case. Excellent condition and only very lightly used. 2) Topping D30 Pro Dac, black color. I don't have the...
  8. N

I just tested it out. plugged into mic jack of the pc and promptly recognized by the system, but it won't pick up any sound.
  9. N

Has anyone used the glm microphone as a normal microphone for pc's? I need an input device for my pc and just saw the microphone collecting dust in the corner
  10. N

WTB: Genelec 8341A (Single)

no longer looking
  11. N

Connecting two sources (Macbook+PC) to Genelec's AES/EBU input

Hey Phile, thanks for the recommendation. The Mutec MC3+ looks like a very useful box for sure. I got the 8341s. Original plan was getting the 8331s, so I'm already busting my budget and saving a couple hundreds on connection helps a lot lol. But thanks a lot for the recommendation and...
  12. N

Thanks everyone for all the helpful info! I decided on a setup that goes like MAC/PC->USB switch->Douk U2 Pro->110ohm SPDIF to AES cable->Speakers After doing my dd, this setup seems to best 1) fit my need 2) relatively simple 3) cheap to build (under $200 for all connection stuff) 4) requires...
  13. N

Thanks for the replies. Those are really helpful. I'm thinking about having a setup like: USB out from Mac & PC -> USB switch -> USB to AES interface -> speakers. Dou U2 only has a SPDIF Coax output. Is there any difference of using a SPDIF out to AES input vs AES output to AES input? Yeah...
Top Bottom