Recent content by nightlite

1. nightlite

H6Pro microphonics problem

There are 2 cables included with the headset, one that ends in splitted jacks for headphone/microphone and one that ends in a single TRRS combi jack. I guess internally both cables will have splitted ground wires, but the TRRS cable will have both ground wires soldered to one common ground at...
  2. nightlite

H6Pro microphonics problem

Epos uses splitted ground wires for headphones and mic, that weird connector is 5 pol to keep the ground splitted. Finding a replacement cable which is not specifically made for the headset (and keeps the mic working) is probably not possible...
  3. nightlite

Fosi Audio K5 Pro Gaming DAC/AMP Review

Yes, you are right. I´m actually aware of that, I should have mentioned that in the review. :) But I also had some PC peripherals, which automatically turned off (or went into standby?) when the PC was shut down, even if the USB port still delivered power (the elgato stream deck for example).
  4. nightlite

Fosi Audio K5 Pro Gaming DAC/AMP Review

Fosi Audio K5 Pro Gaming DAC/AMP Review There is a severe lack of good DAC/AMPs with a decent microphone input on the market, there are a lot of cheap dongles and no-name soundcards, but nothing that stands out. If your using a Gaming Headset which probably costs like 100-200€ you will have...
  5. nightlite

SMSL M200 DAC Clipping

The DAC has 2 settings, Pr0 and Pr1. Pr0 is DAC mode in which the volume control doesnt work, Pr1 is pre-out mode and has adjustable volume. The problem is, the DAC mode remembers the volume set in Pre-Out mode. So if you set it to -20dB in Pre-Out mode and set it to DAC mode, it output signal...
  6. nightlite

SMSL M200 DAC Clipping

Hey guys, I have a SMSL SP200/M200 Stack. I noticed, when the DAC volume is set to 0dB, the Music is clipping with some high volume sounds. If I lower the volume to around -10dB on the DAC everything is fine. It happens both over XLR and RCA. I also tried a IFI Zen Can AMP with the DAC over...
Top Bottom