Recent content by niesfisch

1. N

Upgrade Focal Aria 906 to Genelec 8340 or Genelec G4 (and minidsp)?

yes. will maybe try the digital route later. but from what i've gathered from various posts on various places it should not make a big audible difference for me ...
  2. N

so .... setup finished :) here are some initial impressions, hope i can describe what i'm hearing. - connected via aux out with cinch -> analog xlr - focal aria 906 is already quite good and without glm very similar in sound quality (whatever that means ;-)) - glm setup was very easy - i (and...
  3. N

my package with the genelec 8340 + glm kit arrived yesterday ... if i find the time i will hook them up on monday.
  4. N

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

thanks for your answer. and i just recognized that i was asking about AES ... i meant to ask about RCA -> analog XLR - sorry. i wanted to understand the analog chain as an example ... will your answer for analog be the same?
  5. N

can i maybe ask (another) stupid question: i am trying to understand the implications of having different voltages between analog cinch (rca) and analog xlr in. from what i've read so far the voltage that comes out of the analog rca is up to 2 Volts (?) vs the input of AES/EBU around 4 Volts ...
  6. N

i can't really follow. what is your goal of doing this? why the limit of -30 db? would this be the impedance converter from neutrik to go "the digital route".
  7. N

i am looking into buying a 8340 which also have the option of wiring via XLR analog and digital (AES/EBU). what i've found out so far, some parts already mentioned by others. mix and match analog/digital internet -> streamer -> digital out (spdif, coax/toslink) -> converters/cables -> XLR AES...
  8. N

this is my favourite so far when i have time (kids gone) i will try to measure with REW ...
  9. N

yeah, i read that in the manual. i also had a look at the various mounting options which will add another 200 euro to the bill ;-)
  10. N

yeah, good point. i have a umik1 ... i should just set it up and do some measurements to get an idea what going on.
  11. N

thanks for your reply again. in my original post i was suggesting different options. there was also one with dip switches. one of the people suggested that dip switches are far inferior to the dsp approach and the dip switches won't be sufficient to correct the wrong placement . i think the LED...
  12. N

another question. which connection and cable do you use for this? coax cinch -> AES? do you use an adapter to convert the impedance (75ohm vs 110ohm, something like a neutrik?) or is it just a cable with two different ends?
  13. N

this is the only setup currently possible with wife, kids in the living room ... so i am quite happy. better than no hifi setup at all. no, that is not possible. no place for stands, only wall mounts are an option. i get your point. as i am not really able to hear the difference between mp3...
  14. N

isn't that what they are intended for and genelec specifically mentions ? :) ... for not optimal placements ... anyway. the speaker position is fixed unfortunately.
Top Bottom