Recent content by Nicochu

1. N

Yet another post about best active speakers for near field listening

The prices are close to what I paid yeah, a bit less for both actually. I'm far to be an audio pro but on pure audio performance the neumann are imho better on price/perf than Genelec. But Genelec software is way easier to use and got of options (i.e. easily change EQ or dB reduction from the...
  2. N

Hello ! Let's go for a short review : I calibrated the two setups for my room but I didn't change anything once it was done. Genelec setup : The sound is a bit cold, I have the feeling it can sometimes miss a bit of emotions I feel there's a lot of details, I heard sounds I never heard before...
  3. N

Hello there ! Here we are, I have received, set up and calibrated everything so I can start sharing my experience with you :) I apologize for my english that could be a bit strange sometimes, i'll try my best ! Installation and setup Genelec setup The speakers (8331) are pretty heavy with...
  4. N

Hey guys, some news here :) Everything is ordered, all websites have delivery issues probably because of covid, I should receive the stuff in the first or second week of march so we'll have to wait a bit ! Can't wait to try everything. Regarding the screens I won't probably change the ones I...
  5. N

I know it's not optimal for audio, I will probably remove a screen and have only 2 later on. I was thinking about putting one on top of the other but i'm not sure at all about this. In any case I need 2 screens for my work and I want 2 screens for my personal use. I could remove A and C screens...
  6. N

First I will change how my room is in order to put des desk on the center of a side like this : What i'm planning with speakers in A/B test is like this : Left screen | genelec speaker | neumann speaker | center screen | genelec speaker | neumann speaker | right screen I'll do this thanks...
  7. N

I'm planning on plug the 2 setups to a Topping EX5 DAC, one in XLR and the other in RCA. This way I can switch XLR or RCA output on the DAC. I verified and the topping EX5 can switch modes in XLR only or RCA only Am I missing something here ?
  8. N

Thanks for your answers guys :) I will take a mic stand, but i'm not sure which one to take yet because i'd like to have a listening position on a bed, and the stand you linked has a too high minimum height (i'd like something i can position from 30cm to 150cm or something like this), i'll...
  9. N

What is the purpose of the second cable ? The MA 1 microphone has only one XLR connector It is a pair apparently, and yes I chicked for the size on iso acoustics' website :) I will ! but we'll all have to wait a month or so, both subs are not available yet ! Can't i keep the microphone at the...
  10. N

I'm planning to plug and try both neumann and genelec setups at the same time to A/B test them, so here i need to plug and room EQ : Genelec 2x 8331 + 7350 Neumannn 2x KH 80 + KH 750 I'll ask Thomann to be sure i'm going right, that's a good idea :)
  11. N

Hello guys, I'll order the 2 setups soon, I'd like to be sure I don't miss anything in order to A/B test (RCA/XLR) the 2 setups. Could you please confirm that I have everything i need on those screens ? I need to have the 2 setups working at same time with previous calibration and I will plug...
  12. N

I'll check those, if i get them on Thomann i'll need 2 so i'll have 2 microphones i guess. I'm a bit concerned about sound quality versus the 2 other setups though.
  13. N

I've read GLM 4.1 is a very nice overall solution for room EQ, I don't think it is limited to only few positions. Could someone confirm this ? In my mind Neumann one is not as good as Genelec but i could be wrong. I'm planning to do EQ whatever my setup will be BTW :) I'll read about Sonarworks...
  14. N

I got an internet box with 3 free ports so i'm okay on this side. BTW i've seen genelec sell their speakers with RJ45 cables but neumann doesn't. Could you please give me an example on an cheap interface with 48V phantom power that would make it from thomann website please ? I'm not sure i...
  15. N

Hey guys, some news here. I went to a shop in my city in order to try some speakers. Obviously the conditions were not good but it's better than nothing I guess. It's a hi-fi shop so I couldn't listen to studio monitors. I tried : Kef Wireless II : very practical to use, the app seems great...
Top Bottom