Recent content by NewShoes

1. N

Integrated Amplifier for B&W DM 602 S3

In terms of timbre they both should measure perfectly flat across the audible frequency range
  2. N

Need recommendations for 2 channel integrated Stereo

The 399 and 1592 were on my shortlist when I went shopping last weekend. In the end the QC issues for the nad (low sub output complaints etc) put me off the 399, while the 1592 is a bit old fashioned without any streaming or ARC connections. I went home with the evo 150. I wish it had some...
  3. N

NAD C 399 HybridDigital DAC Amplifier

Is the subwoofer crossover fixed even with the Bluos/Dirac module installed? And do you know if the C399 is able to apply a high pass filter to the mains with and without the Dirac module? I know the M10 can do this, and with a variable crossover too. It's weird how few integrated amps are...
  4. N

Not sure on answer to that question, but out of curiosity what’s prompting you to replace an m10 with the c399? Is it just for the increased wattage?
  5. N

Agree it's not cheap. On the other hand, if you want an integrated DAC/amp with Dirac/Bass management, dual subwoofer, HDMI, phono, and wireless streaming, (and I think a lot of people DO want all those things) then I think it's still the cheapest option on the market? Although that's more of...
  6. N

I don’t think the c388 was compatible with Dirac either (or at least nad doesn’t list it as one of the Dirac enabled products on their website), and also it looks like the c399 uses a more advanced hypex module, although it’s hard to find details on that at the moment. For me, no Dirac was a...
  7. N

Room modes/standing waves - most cost effective solution?

thanks everyone. Sounds like most votes are in favour of a 2nd subwoofer over Dirac. the monoprice monolith suggestion looks interesting but unfortunately they’re too big for my space. I’m generally happy with the performance of the sb-1000, I just wanted to smooth out the room modes across the...
  8. N

Room modes/standing waves - most cost effective solution?

For a 2.1 set up, if you wanted to eliminate bass peaks and dips (room modes) and only had $1000 to spend, would the money be better spent adding a 2nd sub, or buying advanced EQ like Dirac full? (Room treatment is not an option) I currently have an avr with audesseyXT, which definitely does a...
  9. N

NAD C658 Streaming DAC Review

Not at all. Realistically, I half expect the M12 replacement to basically be a smaller M33 without the amplifier. I'm sure all the marketing and design people at NAD are sitting around a boardroom table trying to come up with an innovative new idea for their next "M" digital streamer/preamp...
  10. N

I think this confirms what I already suspected - the M12 replacement would likely be a much more expensive package for mostly inaudible and cosmetic improvements (I don't think a touchscreen adds much from a functional perspective when there is an app). The only other thing I'd like is an...
  11. N

First post here, hi team! I'm really interested in this unit and feel encouraged by the positive feedback on here. I also really appreciate all you early adopters doing the QC testing for the rest of us ;) I've only just started researching options to replace my AVR as I've ditched my surround...
Top Bottom