Recent content by neRok

1. N

Whole wall acoustic treatment with fluffy insulation.

I've been really enjoying the results of this treatment effort. I haven't thought about DSP or anything like that for months. I just sit down, push play and enjoy the results. But yesterday I had the desk out and decided to change the sub location like I think I mentioned earlier. Here's where...
  2. N

Double Bass Array (DBA)

I've been thinking about DBA some more. I'm wondering how the "noise pollution" side of things is? So what is the bass volume like in other rooms, or outside the home, etc? I'm guessing it's a bit lower than it would be with normal multi-sub, but still fairly loud?
  3. N

Double Bass Array (DBA)

I came to ask about the installation details, but I can see them here. Very nice. I'm surprised it works so well because this relationship of subs to wall is meant to be the worst option, the best being flush in/with the wall, and next best being subs firing towards wall. But your results show...
  4. N

Buzz when GPU is loaded

My DIY sub had this issue when connected to PC. At idle you couldn't hear the noise, but you could feel the driver moving if you touched it (it's 50/60Hz noise depending upon power grid). If I played a game, the noise would be very audible. I read that many GPU's have a lot of leakage out the...
  5. N

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

Can you set a delay or phase shift anywhere?
  6. N

3-way speaker with double waveguide and cardioid bass

Is that just the speaker, or speaker and sub?
  7. N

Kali Audio IN-8v2 (Second Wave) 3-Way Studio Monitor Review

I've got IN8 but because of the size of my room and where I need to place the speakers, I always end up with a null at 80 or 90 or 100Hz, and that just make them sound pretty weak on their own. I had the same null when I had 6" speakers though, so it isn't a capability problem, it's a room...
  8. N

Kali Audio IN-8v2 (Second Wave) 3-Way Studio Monitor Review

Have you considered something like this: https://www.sigbergaudio.no/products/inkognitosubwoofer
  9. N

Using TV as center channel speaker ?

I've got a Sony A80K with Acoustic Surface Audio+™ feature, and it sounds very good for "just a TV". It probably goes great connected as per you article.
  10. N

Lavoce SSF153.00 15" based dual opposed subwoofer project

How did you work this out (as in, what is the equation)?
  11. N

Ken Fritz - Audiophile Documentary

It's good to reflect and learn lessons. The following video discusses how long term happiness is correlated with the quality of your relationships. By the sound of it, Fritz failed spectacularly at this. His wife left him, multiple (maybe all) kids complain about his performance as a father, and...
  12. N

Murphy Corner Line Array re-purposing as a sub

Interesting. But like another user posted in that thread, you wouldn't have had a plane wave; I imagine this line array sub would have done much better in that regard. Maybe not though considering your normal speakers aren't doing a plane wave either.
  13. N

Dual driver subwoofer placement / room sim

You can "overlap" 2 subs in REW to simulate different things. If the drivers are in phase and time then it doesn't seem to change much.
  14. N

Room modes

The null could be speaker to wall, or listening position to wall, and thus the null can be affected by simply changing position. But doing so will also affect every other multiple of the relevant mode. And modes to do with the ceiling/floor aren't as flexible because often our chairs/desks/etc...
  15. N

Murphy Corner Line Array re-purposing as a sub

I have only just seen this thread, and it's an interesting test you did. The performance with this "sub" against the wall is decent. Actually I think a good idea would be to try this sub on the back wall and use it as a double bass array (ie. timed to cancel the reflections from your main...
Top Bottom