Recent content by nemesis.ie

1. N

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET Review (Stereo Amplifier)

Well you need to balance everything in any system for sure. What dB difference did you see in the measurements? Remember it's logarithmic, just a few dB is a huge difference.
  2. N

I'm not familiar with how Dirac calibration works or what "pre-setup/calibration" options it has. I use a Trinnov. ;)
  3. N

Work out how many dB the Iota is over the Purifi in bypass and pop the appropriate attenuator on the input of the Iota. Probably about €5 to €10 each. Maybe try one to start with and see how it goes. Or e.g. a nobsound "little bear" is about €40 and gives you a volume control for 2 channels. I...
  4. N

Another option might be attenuators on the Iota?
  5. N

Emotiva XPA HC-1 Amplifier Review

I discovered the + and + on mine were swapped (opposite of older Emotiva amps too), Emotiva didn't care. I'm now using them as amps for subs so not a problem (other than a very expensive way to do it). Everything else is now Purifi via @Audiophonics which rock! :)
  6. N

Looking forward to hearing how that goes and if you notice any difference in tweeter hiss (assuming you can hear any currently).
  7. N

Ah, that makes more sense. :) So did you get to try bypass mode? There shouldn't be night/day difference on any properly designed amp that can cope with the speakers connected. :)
  8. N

Are you saying you got rid of the Audiophonics from the system (without checking the gain jumper setting first?) and just put in a different amp? I can see the appeal of 7 channels in one box, but other than that (and maybe the price) I'm not so sure why? What's the gain of the IOTAVX I didn't...
  9. N

Remember you'll need to turn things up or re-calibrate too. ;)
  10. N

Ideal depends on your situation/input. For my system 12.8 dB gain is ideal - anything higher and I get tweeter hiss. Lower gain givea better SNR/SINAD per Amir's revirew, but if you have low sensitivity speakers and a low input level, the higher gains may be "ideal" for that case. @Vhond The...
  11. N

I use bypass with the Altitude 32. If there is enough gain for you, that should give the lowest noise floor and least chance of tweeter hiss.
  12. N

Also try bypass mode and see if it changes?
  13. N

Indeed triggers (or not) is one differentiator, e.g. the 4ch chassis didn't have room, maybe a new version will. But I moved to powering them on via Wi-Fi controlled power strips (Meross) which is actually better IMO. No mess of cables and less power used and the ability to have e.g. only the...
  14. N

Agreed. I prefer black easy-peel tape for light covering ... or https://www.lightdims.com/index.php though. :)
  15. N

So a quick update on the new version of the mono block: The build quality is great, no longer do the feet use the nasty loose o-rings as the isolator/protector, they are "proper" feet. Yes, the gain selection is externally accessible and was really easy. The one negative is that the mono...
Top Bottom