Recent content by nefilim

1. N

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

yes I'm doing this: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/kef-ls60-wireless-just-announced.33705/post-1330878
  2. N

Agreed - I have a pair, it's unfortunately there's no XLR AES/EBU input which would be handy for some of my other equipment. I'm currently using it with RCA inputs and the volume set to 90 to integrate with my AVR, I had to also connect the HDMI to get rid of the ground loop, others have had...
  3. N

I'm curious if anyone has integrated the LS60s (or LS50w II for that matter) into an AV system with a processor ... I don't mind the extra A/D step and I would think the room correction would correct any time delay introduced, so seems like a plausible idea?
  4. N

Review and Measurements of Crown XLS 1502 Amp

I thought people only used these for sub amps, maybe I was mistaken...
  5. N

4 sub integration methods using Acourate

hi @dallasjustice - my struggle is starting all over again having moved to a new house (open floor plans :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:). i have 3 JL subs, i only have 2 channels available for them unfortunately, so one is cascaded from the other on the first channel and the third is...
  6. N

Review and Measurements of RME ADI-2 Pro (comparison to ADI-2 DAC)

Any idea where one would find such a connector to connect to the headphone jack? I actually could really use 2 additional analog channels with mine. Even better if they are balanced.
  7. N

Review and Measurements of RME ADI-2 Pro (comparison to ADI-2 DAC)

Oh no, what are you using as AD now for measurements?
  8. N

Review and Measurements of Topping D50 DAC

!!! no wonder they went out of business....
  9. N

Science-Based Speakers

More or less, I contacted him a few months ago and this is what he told me: "I have retained the ability to make only the NS15, however, being my premier model it is pretty expensive. A pair would cost $14,000 in either active or passive implementation."
  10. N

remote troubleshooting a D50 for someone else, could anyone tell me if with the USB input selected but the USB cable not connected to a computer, does the display say "Unlocked"? Or is that only for opt & coax inputs? thanks!
  11. N

power amp at 60% max volume? do you mean integrated amp? what model is it? maybe it has very low input sensitivity
  12. N

the mac DFU appears not to be for end users, no public download, have to contact them for a license agreement. has anyone tried the loader linked on github? last thing i want to do is brick my DX7s :(
  13. N

just did a little test with my DX7s - stop Roon, change sample rate to 176khz in MIDI control - it reflects the change on the DX7s display. Start playing redbook FLAC on Roon, it changes back to 44.1khz - so, your audio player should override and control bit depth & sampling rate, irrespective...
  14. N

I've seen the same for D50 and DX7s. I'm not sure it makes much of a difference, for instance with Roon I see:
  15. N

System sound quality variability

So one reason I started investigating my power supply is that I felt my system performance was not being consistent. One evening I would listen and really be emotionally involved and another evening I would listen to the same thing and not get into it, it sounds a bit harsher / more fatiguing...
Top Bottom