Recent content by nebunebu

1. N

3-Body Problem

Starting of with the 3-4 episodes I like it very much. What kind burst my bubble was the 400 years until arrival problem. For me it's now just a question of: how long will this show run for? I like my series limited for a 2-3 seasons, this one has a potential to be milked "indefinitely".
  2. N

When 12 Gauge Wire is Not 12 Gauge

This makes me wonder, how does a regular lamp wire measure? Is there any benefit to have a solid core vs stranded wire?
  3. N

New ASR logo proposal

Since becoming a member I haven't been bothered by the design off it. Various parts of the world has various style and this site reflects that it resides within US. Just a thought - I assume the three gears represent each word - Audio Science Review? The leaf probably represent the nature as...
  4. N

Any motorcyclists on this forum?

Biker here, been riding for 12 years. first 6 years with a Yamaha R6 2000 model - boy that bike ran well, 0 - 130 km/h in first gear! Since then i've been riding a BMW R nine T 2014 model, totally different type of bike. But I like it, both the style, engine, service and spare part cost is...
  5. N

Please, recommend headphones for listening to music with ENJOYMENT.

I've heard that the Sennheiser HD600 is really good. Though, I have HD800 which has a very very comfortable fit, but this headset falls through depending on the recording so its not an all-rounder. I also have Hifiman HE400 - you get used to the sound and once you do, its as good as any (not...
  6. N

McIntosh MC 427 Amplifier Review

Quite impressive! Especially since this isn't their main segments. Isn't this the first McIntosh tested at ASR? What a great start.
  7. N

Welcome to the New Review Index!

I might be blind (usually rely on my mom to find stuff or google..). But where can I find these graphs you create in reviews? Would be nice to have a interactive graph where I can just click on the product I would like to know more about.
  8. N

How Dangerous is AI?

I think the major problem would be if AI went into self-sustained life form - whereas one could not turn it off because it has spread itself just like a torrent and is no longer hosted at one place.
  9. N

Why CPU's fail - Video

I have never experienced a CPU gone totally dead on me. However, I've experienced multiple times were AMD cpu's have been the cause for applications failure. Probably the best CPU I have been operating are the IBM Power CPU's, 90% load running for years and years without any problems. Tho - our...
  10. N

Advice wanted: Taking over an HiFi Store

It sounds risky, but I don't have a clue about hifi business. Is there a way to rethink sales of hifi equipment? Example. In your own home, set up a room with hifi equiment which you rotate on a quartly schedule? Invite customers for demo's where they can listen to the equipment while you also...
  11. N

Why do records sound so much better than digital?

I've been working as a freelancer in a event company for many years (tho as a media technician). One of my best friends works as a sound engineering and he produce amazing sound with EAW, Meyer sound, D&B Audiotechnik soundsystems. I remember one event were I had to join a different sound...
  12. N

Which speakers are the Classical Music Pros using?

Silly question, why are some of the studios using 3 loudspeakers in their setup? And how would that configuration look like with a stereo amplifier?
  13. N

Are McIntosh amplifiers worth it?

Great! Thank you - will start reading right away
  14. N

Are McIntosh amplifiers worth it?

Yeah, would be fun to see! Maybe next year there can a public funding (lottery) for a device majority would like to test and there after place it in a lottery for the participants. But jokes aside, I've only heard so much about McIntosh but never experienced it in real life.
Top Bottom