Recent content by Naxos41

1. N

Review and Measurements of Amazon Link Amp

The sale is back again for $240. I'm still on the fence. The alternative is to buy something like NAD D3020 and connect to an Echo Dot via analog (or BT) for now. Still hoping that Amazon will make an Alexa-enabled digital streamer in the future. Echo Link apparently limits its digital output...
  2. N

On a side note, if amazon wants to push their HD music service, they should start adding digital out to Echo dots soon (ala Google chromecast).
  3. N

This amp is currently on sale at $239. I am very tempted so that I can set up a system in the dining room where my small kids can play their favorite tunes via voice control. One question. If I stream Amazon Music “UltraHD” files rated at 24/96 into this amp, will I be hearing something like...
  4. N

New SMSL M500

Once more, the choice is not between MQA vs uncompressed hi-res for TIDAL users. A step back, the choice could be between TIDAL vs Qobuz. I surely looked at the latter, but their selection is so dismal in some areas that I also need (kid's music and J-pops for my children), it is not an option...
  5. N

New SMSL M500

Archimago's main point is that MQA introduces errors. Therefore you should be opting for uncompressed hi-res over MQA-encoded hi-res if you are given those two choices. This is a conclusion that most people, including myself, can accept san file sizes. He then extends his argument to call MQA an...
  6. N

New SMSL M300

No need for your apologies. I am glad to know that you and your wife are very familiar with Japanese cultures. :)
  7. N

New SMSL M300

hmmmmm.... Julf. Did you think August translated your post to Japanese? As a Japanese native, I am a little bit confused here, as Kendo, Iaido, and Kyudo are all Japanese martial arts (and Tokyo is in Japan, needless to say). Or, if you knew it was Chinese and you thought China and Japan were...
  8. N

New SMSL M300

I have a different take on this. The only thing shared between the D1 and M500 is the chip. Everything else is vastly different. Most importantly, the product concept. The D1 with a quasi-separate power unit and dual chips will sit in the audio rack, while the M500 is a desktop unit that will...
  9. N

New SMSL M300

Yes!!! Thank you for listening to my wish!!!
  10. N

New SMSL M300

SMSL, if you are watching here, please keep the price below $400. I will then pick it up for $350 at drop. :)
  11. N

New SMSL M300

Maybe so, but the number of people who consider buying $200+ external DAC is even smaller, yet there is an overlap between TIDAL subscribers and audiophile, I bet. The inclusion of MQA will appeal to this targeted population. Yeah, I’m talking about people in the US.
  12. N

New SMSL M300

I find it remarkable, though, SMSL will be rubbing elbows with Western and Japanese brands at the MQA licensing site. I think their brand image will change, for better or worse.
  13. N

New SMSL M300

It's $499 at aliexpress right now. This is the upper end of what I thought. I would have jumped in at $350ish. I get that MQA license costs money, but it also looks like a single-chip unit (because it doesn't say it's dual). I have no clue which should work better, dual Q2M or single PRO? It...
  14. N

New SMSL M300

I see M500’s price that I didn’t see before at the link above. $259! So far so good. The only thing missing is a review by amir...
  15. N

New SMSL M300

Wow. ES9038PRO (one or two chips?), XLR and now MQA?! https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32985097904.html I love this form factor for desktop use. My dream finally comes true, only if the price is reasonable. Please don't overprice it, SMSL...
Top Bottom