Recent content by Nathanael

1. N

TOPPING HS02 coming

One more question: The Ifi Defender only breaks the ground loop when I add additional power supply (I sent it back). I suppose there's only data signal isolation and no power filtering for USB power lines. It seems that you have to add extra power supply and it cut offs the USB power. Can I...
  2. N

TOPPING HS02 coming

I need a ground loop breaker / hum reducer for my Fiio k5 Pro ESS (connected to a windows desktop PC and active monitors or headphones). The K5 Pro (XMOS USB Receiver) is not USB powered and has an external power supply. Is there any reason to better buy the HS02 or can go with HS01 without...
  3. N

A great way to kill ground loops for single ended devices - why isn't this a standard?

My current desktop setup consists of a Sabaj A10h as headphone/pre amplifier and an Ifi Zen Dac V2 as USB dac. ( I don't neeed the additional power of the Sabaj but I like its sound siganture more than Ifis headphone/pre output). What I really love about the Ifi ist that it kills ground loops...
  4. N

SMSL HO100 Review (Headphone Amp)

Does anyone know if there are also somewhere measurements for the unbalanced headphone output? If they are also excellent for all impedances it might be a very good universal headphone amp for 134 Euro (here in Germany).
  5. N

DAC with headphone amp, balanced pre out, usb in, spdif in and line in

Hi, I'm looking for a DAC with the specs in the thread title. At the moment I don't need a powerful headphone output because of low impedance headphones but it would be nice to have some more power for the future. I need balanced pre out because of annyoing ground loops. Line in is very...
  6. N

Please recommend me an audio interface (music, games and movies only, no recording or production)

Hi folks! I'm searching for a good audio interface that I could use with my gear. I've made bad experiences with unbalanced connection between my pc and my active monitors. My gear (at the moment): -Presonus Eris E5XT active monitors -SoundMagic HP151 Headphones (32 Ohm) demandings...
  7. N

Review and Measurements of Fiio K5 Headphone Amp

Hallo, I'm interested in to the Fiio e17k + Fiio K5 Kombo, mostly because of the balanced output. I've got three questions and would be very happy if someone could answer them: 1. Afaik the volume of the unbalanced output is fixed. Does anyone know if the volume of the balanced output is fixed...
  8. N

ifi Zen DAC and Headphone Amp Review

That's strange: when using only a USB 2.0 port (tested with several cables, driver versions and usb ports) the ifi zen gets quiter (what's ok because of the lower power of USB 2.0) and there are very significant disturbing noises (normal listening to music is not possible anymore). With external...
  9. N

I've received my 5V1A power supply today and I hear a slight difference. The sound becomes cleaner, as little bit darker and it sounds a little bit more (subjectively speaking) powerfull. It's possible that you don't hear difference at all, USB ports can vary when it comes to effective output...
  10. N

I want to find out how my ifi zen will sound with an external power supply (for now not with the overpriced ifi power supplys). Is a 5v 1A power supply enough or should I buy the stronger 5v 2.25A? Or it doesn't matter at all? USB 3.0 has only max 900 mA, Ifi says that it is full USB 2.0...
  11. N

Review and Measurements of Fiio K5 Pro

How audible/bad is a 82 DB sinad in real listening scenarios? I've read that you have to listen really loud and listen to records with very high dynamic range (that most records on the market don't offer) to make it a real disadvantage. Or is it so that it always be at least a little audible and...
  12. N

Review and Measurements of Sound BlasterX G6

correction: I wrote some BS, it seems that Windows automatically installs the creative driver (no matter if you've installed creative software+driver manually). It seems that I made something wrong after my first installation of the creative software. I thought I enabled direct mode, maybe here...
  13. N

I've got one more question: The G6 has only o software knob adjusting windows volume. I'm listening trough headphones on 30-40% (low gain). Is that 100% Windows volume for full dynamics and best best sound thing so many writes about a myth? Is there a difference depending on bit depth? Robbo...
  14. N

I've got mine G6 today. I do not notice a delay when adjusting volume, there is nothing here ruining my user expierence :) What's interesting is that that there's a a audible difference between windows driver and creative's driver. Creative sounds more sharp, bassy and flat, Windows more...
Top Bottom