Recent content by napfkuchen

1. napfkuchen

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Wow. After taking a test for trypophobia, I have to give Tekton credit that the speakers are ugly but safe for me. However, small, irregular hole patterns make me feel disgusted and sick immediately. :eek: The last time I felt this way was when my 3D glasses lost tracking during a race and I...
  2. napfkuchen

Smyth Realizer 16

That's really interesting. Will the standalone app upmix all playback (streaming music, youtube, wav-files etc.) for listening?
  3. napfkuchen

Share your in-room measurements?

Here are the measurements for my living room setup. Room treatment is only basic (3 panels at the back wall) and I will have to live with it. EQ is the only option. At 150 Hz you can see quite an outlier in the frequency diagram. This is also where the transition frequency of the speakers...
  4. napfkuchen

Paid reviewers

The more someone depends on the number of clicks, comments, referrals, etc., the more dependent they become. I would say the majority of hi-fi reviewers on YouTube have perfected the art of stringing together a lot of flowery phrases without any reference to measured values. It's all pretty...
  5. napfkuchen

guys home theatre visually vibrates ?

He could also use two of these, because of the versatile use they have a much higher waf:
  6. napfkuchen

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

Have you ever done a proper blindtest to approve this? I did and (luckily?!?) for me that bitrate certainly is just as good as lossless / cd-quality. It's a relief to finally settle with this stuff. Back when SACD, DVD-A and HDCD were the new shit I was obsessed with these formats and bought...
  7. napfkuchen

Where can I download good quality music for free?

Or use Youtube Family, which is about 40% more expensive (23,99 Euro here). Worth it though in my opinion for having an ad-free experience on mobile phones and tablets (without hassle) for several people. At work all other streaming platforms are blocked for me and there is no option to install...
  8. napfkuchen

A Call For Humor!

Just read a single page of Mein Kampf, the origin of WW2 satire... It's hard to believe that a book with such absurd content sold so many copies.
  9. napfkuchen

Break from Tekton Thread

I could never watch Mr. Bean (his character somehow disgusted me), but the person behind it is also interesting. This film is from 1991 but is still current.
  10. napfkuchen

A Call For Humor!

My favourite psych is the one on the left: Unfortunately he is inactive by now but his episodes are still available on DVD/Blu-Ray.
  11. napfkuchen

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

From a business perspective Amir, come on, you are attacking him wrong. :p
  12. napfkuchen

Electronica/dance/techno/et cetera.

Here is the original:
  13. napfkuchen

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Just today I got an email at work about a lawsuit filed by one of my favorite "customers" and it made me think about Eric's behavior. As usual, the text contained long explanations about my incompetence and was peppered with a few subtle insults, but the factual arguments in both the email and...
  14. napfkuchen

The kit we bought, our current setups

I like it. :) Are these Liedtke stands? New speakers (Mesanovic CDM65) now on stands:
Top Bottom