Recent content by nahuel

1. N

Avantone CLA-10 (Yamaha NS-10M Clone) Review

You just have to know how stuff sounds through them. Some people find it useful and that's ok. Wish Amir used the filter to try to match the NS10s frequency response. From what i've heard online, you have to use it, otherwise it is too bright.
  2. N

Avantone Pro MixCube Monitor Review

IMHO-IME: I believe that cube speakers are useful, it's not like just having an EQ on your bus emulating the cube, it sounds very different, more agressive and detailed (all other frequencies above and below are gone). I have a Mixcube also for mono check, and it has a different perpective on...
  3. N

Eve Audio SC305 Studio Monitor Review

I can hear a little buzz if i put my ear right into the tweeter, but that might be and electrical issue here in my studio maybe? I didn't notice this at all i may say, in day to day use. I'm 1,2/1,5m away from them all day. I can't tell the exact manufacturing date either, maybe it was old stock...
  4. N

Eve Audio SC305 Studio Monitor Review

I own the sc307s, but i believe the same goes for the 305s, at this price point you don't get other powered speakers with amt tweeters (which i prefer), low distortion and more than enough power. Although my room is treated, so take that into consideration, and it's supposed to sound good only...
  5. N

Eve audio sc205 amount of amplifer hiss ?

Thanks! I thought there was an article here in ASR, with objective measurements.
  6. N

Eve audio sc205 amount of amplifer hiss ?

A bit off topic maybe, is there a proper review on ASR of the Eve SC305? I've got a pair of 307s, hiss is not a problem. Around 40dBa is floor noise for a normal silent room.
  7. N

Lynx Hilo vs Lynx Aurora (n)

Hi! @spankjam @therealchrisallen i'm about to decide between Hilo and an Aurora (n) 8ch... I'd also like to know how their DACs compare for 2ch mixing/mastering. Anyone? Thanks!!
  8. N

KH310 sound very tinny, very little bass or low mid. Is it my room?

Can't check it right now. I know that every measurement has time based information such as step response or the waterfall plot. So i believe that phase information has to be there.
  9. N

Yes, i know, but if you mathematically add both measurements, L+R, shouldn't this phase issue show anyway?
  10. N

If the measurement is L+R, although they where measured one by one, shouldn't it show this problem anyway?
  11. N

I once had a problem with a bad wiring inside a monitor controller. Try not using it. Although first check point should be the polarity of your cables/focusrite/kh310s.
  12. N

ATC SCM19 Bookshelf Speaker Review

This should be a great reference speaker for mixing midrange. I have and use avantone mixcubes and find them useful, but this would be a superior midrange reference, like NS10s but surely better in every way.
  13. N

Pro Musician needs new speakers for home studio

I just saw your pictures. That speaker in the corner can't be good at all.
  14. N

Pro Musician needs new speakers for home studio

I'm a musician and mixing engineer. I would first try to check for room acoustics issues. Check youtube videos from Adam or other channels to properly place the speakers in the room. Get a measurement microphone and Room Eq Wizard and learn how to measure you room. See if there are problems with...
  15. N

Monitors up to 700 euros

Use room eq wizard to measure your room and speakers!
Top Bottom