Recent content by mx2

1. M

Introducing Directiva - An ASR open source platform speaker project

This is great - thank you both!! Let's see how it goes...at the rate I work on projects, the next update might be in 5 years :D
  2. M

Introducing Directiva - An ASR open source platform speaker project

@Rick Sykora thanks for starting this awesome thread. Lots of inspiration! I'm really thinking about building the version 8 cabinet. Do you happen to still have the cabinet dimensions? Don't have a good measuring setup here so let's see how this goes :D
  3. M

Fosi Audio BT30D PRO TPA3255 "Subjective review"

It's a 32V Fosi branded AC adapter. I can usually dangle the PSU by holding the cord - not even close in this case. Looks like it's mostly the cord though (seems normal when I use a cord for another PSU). Not exactly confidence inspiring if you ask me LOL. Thanks for confirming the positions...
  4. M

Fosi Audio BT30D PRO TPA3255 "Subjective review"

For folks that have the amp - can you confirm if the power connector is feels a touch loose (the one to connect the brick to the wall?). While it connects and plays nicely, it feels like any movement or jolt will disconnect it. @Fosi Audio can you confirm which treble / bass setting I should...
  5. M

3E Audio 260-2-29A : TPA3255 / HA3588 CoilCraft / PFFB Fully differential.

It should theoretically work length wise (260mm internal length) but I guess we'll see....might be tight with the power inlet etc (enclosure should arrive this week but I haven't ordered the PSU yet :facepalm:) I like the UHP series since it's rated at the full 350W just attached to the case...
  6. M

Not sure that's really avoidable but here's the one I bought: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/353110770854?var=622313107745 I would avoid Aliexpress as well if you can. In my experience Ebay usually has your back and makes you whole if there are issues with the order...I can't say for the same for Ali...
  7. M

Ahh wish I had known this before buying a pair of the BTL modules. Probably should have sprung for 4x PBTL either 3e or Sylph... Hah - I should have waited for this before buying...would definitely be nice to see the comparison. @jlesterp it might be an unpopular take here, but I appreciate...
  8. M

Thanks for this daniboun - I always really appreciate your insight into amps (because you try out so many of them!!). The A30A is going on my Christmas wish list :) Small sample size but my LA90 has been rock solid (15 months so far and I run it hours and hours a day.) How would you compare...
  9. M

Newbie here but I thought you'd lose a bit of gain & depending on the implementation there might be compatibility issues My pair of boards arrived and oh my, the SMD resistors are smaller than I remember so maybe I might use RCA to XLR cable to see if it works well enough. (Soldering isn't the...
  10. M

IMHO, I'd be more interested to see the 2 channel board tested. It seems like the mono boards after adding a case, power supply, accessories & shipping gets close to PA7 plus pricing while the 2 channel board would be a bargain (if it gets close to PA7 performance). That being said, it looks...
  11. M

@daniboun any thoughts on this amp vs the JLester modules? Thinking of either JLE's D400 vs this one to power a potential an active 2-way build (Directiva) I like how the D400 has swappable op-amps & solder jumper for SE mode. I seems like the 3e Audio one 'might' sound better but unconfirmed...
  12. M

New SMSL A300 BTL Class-d Power Amp

Any comparison to the A8 or the AO200 / DA9 amps? Considering a pair to replace my single A8 for my LS50. :)
  13. M

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

So they're asking you to commit customs fraud? :O
  14. M

Sabaj A5 and A8 announced

Yes it's input to pre/opamp to pot to 125ASX2 board. The 125ASX2 is the version 2 board. I opened and took some pics but not much to see - same board as what you can find online. For those that wonder the switch is plastic and volume knob is metal.
Top Bottom