Recent content by mvnchies

1. mvnchies

Moondrop Chu

I have to say for me the spring tips was just something I wanted to try because my friend said they are much more comfortable than the stock Aria tips. I have very dry ear canals so it has been hard finding something soft. so far, the spring tips have been the best :-) I also thought the wide...
  2. mvnchies

Moondrop Chu

I bought the Chu just to try the Spring tips for my Aria... surprisingly good sounding. but even the L size Spring tips are too small so I had to order the XL ones as well. the tips cost almost as much as the Chu here... :D I think they're really good - a little on the bright side compared to...
  3. mvnchies

Topping E30 II DAC Review

Hi toppings, I have a few questions here - would this work as a "pre-amp" to a power amp, since it has a volume control? would there be any issues with doing so, using toslink optical from a TV? and does anyone happen to know which volume control "chip" it uses? also, I wasn't able to find...
  4. mvnchies

USB audio and HDCP issues - possible solutions?

I managed to get optical working with a new cable... thread more or less "closed" :D thank you everyone
  5. mvnchies

I will have to try this again thoroughly if I can find the optical cable... but I believe it was set up like that last time. I wonder if the cable is faulty... how nice it would be to just be able to use the USB, everything is so much simpler with it o_O
  6. mvnchies

oh, sorry, the coax was from my PC - I was thinking if using a HDMI audio extractor to coax would produce the same noise. bit messily written there. the coax input of the Loxjie A30 was noisy with my PC that is. not sure why my TV isn't working with Optical to the Loxjie A30... it's not...
  7. mvnchies

Hi everyone. Not sure this is the right part of the forums for this but... my USB DAC on my TV seems to trigger some copyright protection and disables playback with Netflix and other services. my solution has so far been to use Bluetooth on a Loxjie A30, but it just doesn't sound as good as when...
  8. mvnchies

Tower speaker recommendations under €1500

I was considering them, but I am kind of bummed out they charge 500 for the stands... and I think they ones I ended up choosing just are a better size for my room.
  9. mvnchies

very nice, I was tempted by these actually! but, as I said earlier, I've decided on a pair just a little above my budget... :-) appreciate the discussion and suggestions though, cheers everyone
  10. mvnchies

LOL, yes - that last line is what I'm trying to avoid!!! I was looking at Focal too, but the size and simplicity of the Arendal is just... perfect! Cheers!
  11. mvnchies

indeed! I can't find any information about these speakers but they look interesting, nice sale too. I am trying to find graphs/measurements but not finding much. whoa those gallo speakers look a little too crazy for my liking... I'll have to do some reading though. don't think the WAF will...
  12. mvnchies

while I do like them, I think they are a little too polite and withdrawn when it comes to detail levels - and was hoping to get something a little bit of an upgrade. I was considering it a lot though, given I can get a pair for only 700 shipped here - the 12.3 that is. and they claim 45Hz -3dB...
  13. mvnchies

I'm not too fussed about bass, to be entirely honest... it's just the Diamond 12.0 are a bit lacking... I thought 40 Hz -6dB wouldn't be too hard, or maybe I misunderstood the specifications somewhat. I have my bass shelved down to the lowest octaves because I find it overwhelming when "flat" at...
  14. mvnchies

Hi everyone. I'm currently using Wharfedale Diamond 12.0 speakers which I find really nice - but... ... new place, and I can't use the subwoofer any more, there's simply no room for it anywhere. Too many doors in the living room! The Wharfedale Diamond 12.0 just don't have any kind of bass...
  15. mvnchies

Wharfedale Diamond 12 Owner's Thread

I think I must hate bass because I found even on the 12.1 that 10cm wasn't really enough... but no room correction or EQ, so I'm not sure how much your room correction changes the bass - not very familiar with these things. I also had it very close to my TV (only about 1" between speakers and TV).
Top Bottom