Recent content by mvnchies

1. mvnchies

Best USB-powered DAC / Headphone Amplifier combo (EU market)

ahh really... that sounds like a lot of power. I have no proper understanding for how high I listen in terms of dB, to be honest. that said though, I saw in a few of the reviews here on ASR that amir was able to get good volume and dynamics on his HD650- which share the same impedance and...
  2. mvnchies

It does seem like a good product! But I'm wondering... the USB performance is apparently lesser than the toslink... which might still be good, though. but I feel like overall, I might be paying a lot extra for features I won't be using - like the SBX (surround?) mode and whatnot. it's not too...
  3. mvnchies

Hi, my iFi iDSD Black Label just died on me, so I am using it as an excuse to try something else :) I have a pair of HD800 (with "SDR mod"), 300 Ohm around 100dB / mW sensitivity. They will be used single-ended as I ordered a custom cable with 3.5mm, don't feel like replacing it since I am...
  4. mvnchies

Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Review (Speaker)

I was able to listen to a few speakers with measured performance being a bbc "peak" instead of dip this week... the dip is far more pleasant to my ears. but I can understand why some would prefer a middle ground instead of either.
  5. mvnchies

Wharfedale Diamond 12 Owner's Thread

will you use a subwoofer with them? I suspect 12.2 will have better bass extension which would be nice if no subwoofer is planned. I think as long as you distance them from a rear wall enough it should be good... but, I was only able to have my 12.1 about 20cm and it wasn't enough, but 30cm...
  6. mvnchies

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/thoughts-on-tubed-preamps.5997/page-3#post-707025 this person says it's flawed, maybe you could send a message and ask about it
  7. mvnchies

if the 12.1 are anything to go by for the 12.2, I think so too, or they're just great value as height channels! :D
  8. mvnchies

I just wanted to give a small update on my setup... Found a good deal on a Monoprice 8" subwoofer (I know I know, cheap sub probably quite bad... :D) and did some measurements with my conference microphone to try to dial it in- it worked surprisingly well. was unable to find a way to get a...
  9. mvnchies

oh this makes sense. I like the way these look with the little piedestal below them, a bit like the ELAC Vela / Carina bookshelf.
  10. mvnchies

11.0 also appears to have a rear port... is there something else making this one more suitable?
  11. mvnchies

yes this was very much the case for me with the 12.1 as well. moving them out about 30cm from the wall, no problems. still preferred even more distance, but it's hard to do so, impossible in my living room.
  12. mvnchies

this is probably the way it happened in the end! but, I'd rather have less bass extension than a lot of boomy mid-bass... :D it was good when positioned out from the wall, but I'm not lucky enough to have that option...
  13. mvnchies

:D I just got the 12.0 to compare to the 12.1... in my case, the 12.0 works a lot better! no more boominess to the bass at all. a bit more space behind the speakers seems to work very well here. I did think the 12.1 was great too, but only when I had them away from the wall, otherwise it was...
  14. mvnchies

not sure if I'm blind but I can't find a way to edit my post... however, I decided to give the 12.0 a try as well, the 12.1 is just a hair too big to fit in my setup, so I'll have them both side by side to compare on Friday... don't think I would miss the bass extension much if this is what I...
  15. mvnchies

a lot! just optimising the setup, every little tweak seems to improve them (more to my liking at least) :-) ordered some other stands, but have to return them, they're super wobbly.
Top Bottom