Recent content by mvnchies

1. mvnchies

WiiM Amp discussion

Ahh well darn, that is very unfortunate... I will have to wait and see how this evolves. Humming noise and hiss and whine and whatnot give me headaches way too easily :-( thank you for the update!
  2. mvnchies

WiiM Amp discussion

do you hear any kind of hiss if you are relatively close to the speakers? perhaps less than 3ft/1m distance? it's really the only thing I worry about... with the last TPA amplifier I had, the hiss was quite bad. also had some strange interference noise. thank you!
  3. mvnchies

WiiM Amp discussion

I don't mean to try to sway you here but... you could replace the DAC with the regular miniDSP Flex too, it seems to measure incredibly well.
  4. mvnchies

WiiM Amp discussion

I know this might not be revealed yet but I wonder... for the subwoofer crossover, does it cut off the main speakers lowest freq, while simultaneously doing the highest freq for the subwoofer? That seems too convenient if so!! Shame there's only 4 band PEQ, I would prefer about 6 so I can do...
  5. mvnchies

Wharfedale Diamond 12 Owner's Thread

I have since replaced the system with Genelec speakers - but, I used the MiniDSP Umik-1 in my laptop to measure it. I borrowed the microphone from a friend. Schiit Loki would probably work okay, I didn't really consider it since it seemed to be too broad band but I didn't look much closer into it.
  6. mvnchies

New setup from scratch - with DSP preferred

oh sorry I read that in a bit of a hurry! very nice. I have also been considering the Node. that last line definitely sums it up nicely. my next upgrade would be "The Ones" speakers :)
  7. mvnchies

ahh drats, that sounds super annoying - LG OLED TV are so nice too. have you found a workaround for this or how are you choosing to tackle this? curious to hear how you feel now about a week or so in :)
  8. mvnchies

I get a tiny bit of hiss too, but it's inaudible at 2m distance for me. I use the analogue XLR because I already had a DAC though - which feels like it should be more noisy? I don't really have any way to connect my TV to the digital and get volume control without having the GLM kit connected at...
  9. mvnchies

Streamer/DSP/DAC Setup Recommendation

you will want something like the UMIK from miniDSP to get the Flex working. Dirac Live might make your life easier since it's automated, but I don't know how easy it is to use since I've never tried it - but it does work really well as I've heard a few rigs using it. I also want to mention...
  10. mvnchies

very nice! I am curious, which are your passive speakers? GLM for me helps a lot with cleaning up bass, and I have the smaller 8330 speakers that go down to 37 Hz with a little bit of distance to the wall in my room (38m3? I think is what the calculator says).
  11. mvnchies

Just to double-check... the microphone is connected to the back of the GLM kit box into the "microphone" jack, not the volume controller jack? There are 2 there. Glad you seem excited for it!! BTW if anyone has time ... could someone please try to generate a GRADE report and tell me if it's on...
  12. mvnchies

as thread starter, you have my full permission to spam this thread... :) welcome to Team Genelec!
  13. mvnchies

I decided to lower the slope to go from 200Hz down instead… got some complaints that there wasn’t enough warmth/midbass from the SO… :D Re-did the positioning as well, got some additional sub bass extension. How do these things do 36Hz I wonder- very pleased. Made a few profiles now - it’s so...
  14. mvnchies

I see - so there's no tilt/compensation applied in the GLM window? Reason I'm asking because from what I understand- https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/genelec-8330a-review-studio-monitor.25704/ this measurement is taken at 1m distance, but the "estimated in-room...
  15. mvnchies

Thank you! I will have way too many hours listening now that winter is coming as well... that reminds me - I'm wondering... if the 8330A is "flat" in the measurement graph window, but the predicted room response measurements here on ASR show a "hifi slope"... Does that mean the target is the...
Top Bottom