Recent content by musiclover

1. M

Speaker amplifier buying advice

Hey guys, first of all I hope I posted in the correct subforum. I can’t make up my mind what gear to buy. I know in the end I have to make the decision myself, but maybe there’s some things I have not thought of, or you guys have other ideas and can enlighten me with your experience. I am...
  2. M

Why no Review with Measurements of the SMSL DA-9?

I honestly really would like to, but I am located in Europe. Shipping costs to and fro would probably be more than the amp costs itself :(
  3. M

Why no Review with Measurements of the SMSL DA-9?

Why is there no review with measurements of the SMSL DA-9? I am obviously asking because I am interested in this product and want to know how it performs. I wouldn't ask this question if this was a product of a mainstream European or American company. But as far as I can tell, the Chinese...
  4. M

Topping PA3s Review (Desktop Amplifier)

It's definitely an integrated amp, as you can see by the rotary volume control it has (so a pre-amp is already included, hence 'integrated'). A power amp does not have volume control. So yes, you can plug your SoundBlaster AE-7 directly into this amp's single-ended input. By the way...
  5. M

Thanks for the reply. I think most people should be fine with the power output of the PA3s. It's a desktop DAC after all, and nobody wants to kill their precious hearing by blasting the music too loud while sitting 2 metres away from the speakers. As long as one don't want to hear on deafening...
  6. M

Can someone explain to me as a non-technical person if these faults will be audible? The PA5 obviously seems more competent but is also more than double the price. Additionally, this PA3s sports both balanced and single-ended inputs, so is more versatile than the PA5.
  7. M

Monoprice Liquid Spark DAC by Alex Cavalli Review

I'm under 30 and I don't have any problems with my hearing. I can't hear a difference between the Khadas Tone Board (SINAD of 110 dB) and the Drop SDAC Balanced (SINAD of 102 dB). Maybe my ears are not 'audiophile' enough but judging from that I can say anything above 102 dB is overkill (at...
  8. M

Monoprice Liquid Spark DAC by Alex Cavalli Review

That depends heavily on the implemantation, doesn't it? I'm no expert and was wondering myself what differences there are between DAC chips, besides the S/N snd THD figures. Let's say a AK4493 is implemented in a DAC in a way that it outputs let's say a SINAD of 100 dB and an AK4497 is...
  9. M

Help needed in comparing manufacturer measurements with ASR measurements

Thanks a lot for the response bill. yes, you're right that there's tons of other gear that already have published measurements and recommendations by Amir, and I even own some of that stuff. But for this purchase I am also keen about looks and build quality, and the ones that fall under this...
  10. M

Help needed in comparing manufacturer measurements with ASR measurements

Hello everybody, I need some help and hope posted this in the right forum. 'Audio Newbie/Beginner Technical Forum' may have suited also for my question. I am interested in a DAC, that's the Musical Fidelity MX Dac. Checks all my boxes and I can have it for a reasonable price. Problem though...
  11. M

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

Thank you very much for your reply. So it is designed to drive line level inputs, that was the info I was looking for I guess. I already own a dedicated headphone amp though, which I use with the Khadas Tone Board and I am very satisfied with by the way. My question was out of sheer curiosity.
  12. M

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

Hello! I’m new to this forum and this is my first post. First of all, I want to thank all of you and especially Amir for providing these measurements. Now, I have a question regarding this Khadas Tone Board. Is it possible to connect my headphones directly to this Board without an amp in...
Top Bottom