Recent content by mushjoon

1. M

My first attempt at REW measurement. Am I doing this correctly?

I can't thank you enough for going through all of my questions and answering each one of them. I'll definitely keep your suggestions in mind and use them later as I try to improve my room in the future. Thanks!
  2. M

I just entered your filter setting and applied it to Equalizer APO and the low-end rumbling sounded like more in control!!! I still have to make DIY bass traps and measure the response again but thank you for the suggestion!
  3. M

I don't really know how I can use Amir's SPL curves for my reference. Should I try to mimic how Amir measured his speakers by positioning the mic pointing directly at a single speaker from very close distance and re-calibrate my ECM8000's response according to his data?
  4. M

First of all, thank you very much for such detail and informative advice!!! I entered all the numbers from my on-the-edge position into the SBIR calculator mentioned in your reply and by god, I didn't expect that the calculator would correctly predict that I'll have a dip in 78hz caused by the...
  5. M

Hi everyone, I am trying to set up Neumann KH80 for mixing practice and as you can see, my room is super tiny. The dimensions are 280cm x 250 x 240 (L x W x H) and that would be 9.18ft x 8.2 x 7.8 for my American friends. I used Behringer ECM8000 and played sine sweep playing through both...
  6. M

Is there such thing as sitting too close to speakers?

First of all, I would like to thank everyone in this website. I'm definitely learning a lot from all of your advice and posts. Sorry for bothering you with more newbie question but can you sit TOO CLOSE to your monitor speakers (Polk R200 to be specific)? I've been watching videos on YouTube...
  7. M

Is using monitor speakers possible in my tiny bedroom?

Sorry for my passive aggressiveness... Had to vent out some overdue frustration o_O
  8. M

Ahhhh thanks for the clarification. It's kinda unfortunate how a pair of new T5Vs cost over $500 in Korea. :facepalm: Also I think Kali's 2nd gen has not made it to Korea yet. So I believe I gotta look for a used JBL 305s or T5Vs. Yes I'll do that once I get my monitors and able to purchase a...
  9. M

I'm using Behringer UMC404HD audio interface
  10. M

What I quite don't understand is that even though Amir stated that he preferred the sound of T5V to LP6, Kali's preference score is higher. Am I missing something here? Is a preference score indication of how much frequency response deviates from a flat line from 20 ~ 20khz? Fortunately, it...
  11. M

@sweetchaos What do you think about Adam T5V? I know that @amirm highly recommended them in his review and there is a guy selling his used pair for $420 (That's a tad bit more expensive than getting a new pair from Thomann with international shipping to Korea without VAT, import tax)...
  12. M

Thanks for the advice. I actually tried clapping a few times in my room and there was this piercing, high-pitched ringing noise but it quickly fades away. When I looked at Bob Gold's Room Mode Calculator result, it seemed like there wasn't a particularly problematic frequency that stuck out...
  13. M

Hi everyone, I'm trying to mix my songs in my tiny bedroom. Is mixing with monitor speakers a viable option in this room? Sorry for the bad drawing, but here are the approximate measurements of my room: L: 280cm (110") W: 250cm (98.4") H: 240cm (94"). I typed the measurements into Bob Gold's...
  14. M

Upgrade from Audio-Technica ATH-M40X for mixing? $200 budget

I wish I could purchase even a used pair of NS-10s but my room is not treated properly for monitors at the moment nor do I have a budget to afford speakers, amps, bass traps etc....
  15. M

Upgrade from Audio-Technica ATH-M40X for mixing? $200 budget

I've checked some other posts about HD 560S and just like you suggested, it seems like a better choice than HD 58X. Thank you! I think I'm done with Audio-Technica cans for now hahaha. I just wanna try different products made with different technology from other companies lol. I have also...
Top Bottom