Recent content by Muddywaters

1. Muddywaters

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

I confirmed what I’ll call a glitch in EQ Settings app on my LS60’s. I’ve been playing with crossovers to my subs. If I change the hi pass and low pass and switch to another pre-set then return to the just changed pre-set only one of the changed settings is retained. One has reverted to it’s...
  2. Muddywaters

What's your normal listening distance and db level at that distance at home?

I think people should share the method used ie phone app, mic + REW spl meter etc as well as dBC or A weighting used, otherwise it’s a jumble of random noise. I’m at 9ft. Last night rockin’ some Tom Petty Wildflowers the REW/Umik1 spl meter dBA mode showed max 97.6. The LZ Peak was 113.7...
  3. Muddywaters

JBL 4312M II 3-way Studio Monitor Review

The vaunted “West Coast Sound” from the 70’s
  4. Muddywaters

My use case with my LS60’s was never intended to use KEF’s solution. I use WiiM Mini’s to be able to sync up to five zones (never have issues) so I had no need or experience using the KEF Connect app for streaming other than during the initial setup. Being curious, I did some testing Saturday...
  5. Muddywaters

I’ll take that as no you haven’t tried an alternative streaming method
  6. Muddywaters

Do you have access to an alternative streamer just to test to ensure it isn’t something to do with the WiFi? Laptop, WiiM Mini etc. maybe you’ve already verified it?
  7. Muddywaters

Poll: How do you primarily listen to audio at home?

I’ll change my 2.x vote to the Multiple Systems option. Much of the time we have the news/markets on the TV in the family room during the day on our 5.2.4 HT and watch shows and movies in the evening. Rarely music though. I retreat to “my room” for music so my wife is less impacted.
  8. Muddywaters

Cable Burn-In - Myth or Fact?

It uses a preconditioning step incorporating Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy via Glow Discharge Atomization to determine an appropriate temperature ramp profile and pulse to prevent oxidation and impact to the cable
  9. Muddywaters

Cable Burn-In - Myth or Fact?

There are newer technologies available
  10. Muddywaters

Kef LS60 wireless review by ErinsAudioCorner

The clouds and rug were there during the previous measurements. I’ll keep plugging away. Don’t want to keep my room measurements at the forefront of this thread. So no more discussion should continue. Maybe I’ll start a thread on for more specific help. Thanks for your following along and your...
  11. Muddywaters

It has me scratching my head too. The room hasn’t changed. No new furniture or anything moved around. No changes to room treatments. Subs turned is all. Mic position is within a cm or two. Baffling…
  12. Muddywaters

Here are the L+R with and without the subs and with the repositioned subs. ***Also need to note some user error involved*** I evidently accidentally flipped a toggle on one of the subs previously. These HSU have an operating mode switch which for EQ1 is for deepest flat bass response. EQ2 which...
  13. Muddywaters

Other than setting them up mine are wired both network in and R>L. I use a a WiiM Mini into the optical when I want to sync music to my three other zones. I use my ADI most of the time feeding analog and coax
  14. Muddywaters

I haven’t measured the LS60’s alone since I moved the out from the front wall. I was getting a SBIR dip around 415Hz that pulling them out eliminated. Realizing the low end is problematic with the subs and reading here (ASR) SBIR was likely impacting the subs I turned them sideways getting the...
  15. Muddywaters

RCA VS XLR

^^^ What he said
Top Bottom