Recent content by mt196

1. M

Bose QuietComfort 35 II Review (Noise Cancelling Headphone)

It is based on the part of science that is most useful to make some product look better than others and make people obsessed about minuscule snr percentage points that a bat couldn't even hear. It was kinda scientific with amplifiers and dacs, but it just looks so ridiculous for headphones and...
  2. M

I don't believe it because it seems rather biased by measurements, I never saw a damn thing that measured differently than the holy Harman that you enjoyed, so it seems to me that you look at graphs, then you put your judgment later (and since we always talked about biases here, you must convey...
  3. M

I won't use a reference curve, I will just measure it then anybody can judge for their likings. Putting votes/panthers just based on that curve is completely stupid and that is the biggest problem of headphones reviews here. It's way easier to judge dac or amp with measurements than something so...
  4. M

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

Yeah, I just said that because it seems that for US citizens, stuff done in the US is like the best quality possible, while there are a lot of good manufacturers out there that are based outside US, including in China. It wasn't of course anything discriminatory, in fact it was an answer to a...
  5. M

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

Lol the magical Mmmurica quality!
  6. M

Audeze LCD-X Over Ear Open Back Headphone Review

I agree I must say. In fact, my major criticisms were about: non calibrating the measuring device because ok it is consistent with its own measures, but what about consistency with headphones measurements over the web? (There are a lot, conversely to DAC and Amp measurements that cost a lot more...
  7. M

Another question, what is the point of measuring imd at 132db? This is far from a normal case scenario
  8. M

Yeah that is what I actually did and will do if headphones' reviews are done in this way. There is no point for me in judging a headphone based on the Harman curve or on thd that is truly misleading. I just hope people read through reviews completely and don't get fooled just by a headless...
  9. M

Buy why should we take Harman as the main sounds signature? I don't like it and the are plenty of people not liking it. This is not something objective as a dac or amplifier sinad that is objective that should be the lowest as possible. Also, in a forum that is all about the science, how can we...
  10. M

Anaview AMS0100 DIY Speaker Amplifier

I am selling this amplifier I built myself and that I also reviewed here: https://audio-monkeys.com/amplificatori/anaview-ams0100-it/ It is also on sale on eBay here: https://www.ebay.it/itm/283932364159 but if we conclude on ASR there is a 12% discount on that price (449). Feel free to make...
  11. M

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

Oh god! I watched that video and there is SO MUCH nonsense. At 11:46 there is the point where my bullshit-meter measured the max ever measured probably
  12. M

WolfX700 Measurement of Topping L30 Headphone Amp

Adding distortions cannot solve the problem, it just masks the possible errors during productions. If production is done correctly, a good measuring audio chain will give the life-like feeling that most of the "audiophiles" claim their stuff produce.
  13. M

Topping A90 Static Issues (help please)

That is strange, my old d50 didn't work without 5V+ connected because the PC couldn't see it, same as sgd1, la-qxd1 and d90. Anyway the problem is the ground so it is a safer bet to just disconnect the ground, but if your works then it is ok
  14. M

Topping A90 Static Issues (help please)

My DACs doesn't work when power is not connected, that is why I just suggested to pin the ground
Top Bottom