Recent content by msmucr

1. M

USB noise - USB isolator or new audio interface?

Yes, that could be also an option. I almost forget on that one. Have you seen or used some real-world device with that newer AD isolator? As I recall, there was requirement for external 24M clock for its use with 480Mbit HS mode for internal re-clock. Generally I think it is very good those ICs...
  2. M

Sorry, my bad. I've overlooked it, typed it quickly just after I spotted the picture. Come to exactly same looking isolator recently, which was ADUM based. Again sorry for that. If it really works at 480 Mbit, then it will most likely based on recent TI ISOUSB211 chip.
  3. M

Nope, those cheap isolators are 12Mbps only, based on old ADUM4160 isolator chip from Analog Devices. It is unsuitable for vast majority of current USB audio interfaces, which require 480Mbs mode to operate. Lifting ground is by far easiest and least expensive first step IMO/IME.
  4. M

It is quite common issue with certain combinations of USB interfaces and monitors. I'd lift the ground on cables coming from the interface to your monitors. To do that, open XLR connectors at speaker side of the cable (male plug). Then break connection on wire coming to pin 1 -...
  5. M

Audient EVO 4 [Audio Interface] Review

I'm not 100% sure about design of EVO range, but preamps and DI input stages at many other Audient interfaces and standalone preamps are deliberately "voiced" to have certain house sound. This is is bit different compared to usual aim to lowest distortion from given circuitry among other...
  6. M

REW J-test measurement on RME ADI-2

Glad it helped :). It looks good to me. Michal
  7. M

REW J-test measurement on RME ADI-2

Then there has to be some mistake in your setup of the DAC/interface or REW. In your described scenario with internal loopback you'll get just sole clock source in the system, the J test should be perfect. With regards to observed skirting, try to check whether you don't have enabled option...
  8. M

Emotiva XMC-2 AVP Review (Sample 2)

Hi Amir, thanks for the measurement of the second XMC-2 sample. Under your original review I mentioned, the issue with observed LF junk, which naturally affects lot of metrics, is there probably due to straightforward single precision filtering (likely used for bass management). Is there a...
  9. M

Topping DM7 8-Channel DAC Review

Hopefully I'm getting correctly your post. There can be pretty significant artifacts even from "simple" filter processing. For example even nowadays it's not so rare to find out vendors, who still calculate recursive filters with single precision. Be it software or hardware like AVRs or digital...
  10. M

Is 22kHz brickwall cut off audible? - Listening test

Just writing about that in previous post, I've rather qucikly prepared one such gentler filter for you. It's great, nowadays we have so many great tools, which makes all those experiments easier. Kudos to Mr. Pkane for DeltaWave. Thomas Drugeon for rePhase, where I did this FIR filter and...
  11. M

Is 22kHz brickwall cut off audible? - Listening test

Pavel, that's certainly interesting experiment. I'd love to participate with listening comparisons, but unfortunately I can't do it due to my current medical condition (middle ear issues after Covid). I recall we've done similar tests cca 10 years ago. Although it was mainly regarding...
  12. M

I had good experience with Rory. We've exchanged couple of emails few years ago about replacement pots for their converters and overseas shipping. Absolutely no problems a he was very helpful.
  13. M

Lynx Aurora 8 Review (8-channel DAC/ADC)

Thanks for the review, Amir. It's nice to see studio gear among your measurements. It's a rare and I always appreciate it be it at your site or at some magazines (like UK's Sound on Sound). It's a pity you didn't have a time to measure also inputs like for all previous audio interfaces or A/Ds...
  14. M

RaspberryPi Streamers & Spotify

Thanks for added link to your reply. All makes sense now, the plugin, which is directly integrated into Volumio UI is broken. Spotify Connect plugin works, Volumio guys even mentioned it as a workaround. When I tried Volumio couple years ago, I've tested both variants (both were working back...
  15. M

RaspberryPi Streamers & Spotify

Ohh.. just found the official press release from Spotify https://developer.spotify.com/community/news/2022/04/12/libspotify-sunset/ Anyway, I've also briefly looked to Volumio plugins and it seems, the Vollibrespot and older Volspotconnect2 are both based on librespot...
Top Bottom