Recent content by mrtimharrington

1. M

HD800S vs LCD-GX - Differing equipment and a question on whether I have poor ears

OK so now I have managed to get my Essence STX ii working again on my PC (I set the PCIe port to Gen 2 for anyone else with the same issue, ASUS X570-F Gaming motherboard although it would work on others too I assume) and am having trouble noticing much difference between that and the RME ADI-2...
  2. M

HD800S vs LCD-GX - Differing equipment and a question on whether I have poor ears

I do not game as much as I used to, so most of my listening is music - regardless though, you are right. I do not need the RME, especially as all my EQ is going to be done on the PC anyway as the DAC/AMP is going to be constantly plugged into a PC/Laptop. Thank you for the advice, I think...
  3. M

Thank you for this. I have been using the Peace extension to change the EQ to different profiles, including the Crinacle you mention as well as the oratory1990. To be honest the Crinacle profile seems pretty good, but I wonder if it is even possible to get them sounding exactly like the LCD-GX...
  4. M

Just to add to this quickly - I also just tried the HD 800 S in the RME and then the Sound BlasterX G6 and could not really tell much of a difference whilst listening to The Chain. I am wondering whether I could have had a very good setup for much less money, perhaps it is worth sending back the...
  5. M

Good day, Apologies if this is the wrong place for this type of question/discussion, but I wanted to ask something that has been bugging me a bit over the past few days. So many years ago I got into 'top-end' headphones in the late 90s/early 00s whilst playing competitive shooters, the game I...
Top Bottom