Recent content by mrmoizy

1. M

Schiit Fulla E DAC & Amp Review

They do, it's called Hel. I'd be curious how it performs. https://www.schiit.com/products/hel-1 One thing Schiit touts with the Fulla is its microphone input. I wonder how it performs compared to a regular microphone input on a PC. Many thanks for the review and testing.
  2. M

deleted

My apologies - was doing it from my phone and it was acting weird. I'll delete one, thanks for letting me know
  3. M

deleted

deleted
  4. M

For Sale: Hypex Amp and Schiit DAC & HP Amp

EVERYTHING IS SOLD, THANKS GUYS! Hey Gang! I love this site, but HiFi isn't jiving with my home life and schedule, so I'm selling some gear. I have some decent headphones and a good DAC/amp combo at work, and that's where I exercise my audiophile muscles, however flabby they are. But I don't...
  5. M

Pioneer SP-C22 Review (Center Speaker)

For $73, I don't feel like the narrow horizontal directivity is that much of a deal breaker. Center channels are rarely called on to play music, their domain is human speech. The horizontal bandwidth is fine till about 1kHz, which covers the majority of human speech anyway. This speaker could...
  6. M

SOLD: Allo DigiOne streamer with cable

Sold folks! Thanks for looking
  7. M

JBL Stage 125C Review (Center Speaker)

I had an idea for a two-way center channel design that might work. Many of the 2-way center channel reviews here have shown the inherent weaknesses in the approach. Here's how I want to approach the weaknesses. Instead of using a typical tweeter and crossing over in the 2khz to 3khz range, and...
  8. M

Sorry, didn't see yo Yikes. Measure this RBH one too!!!
  9. M

Absolutely. If the horizontal woofers cross over much lower, say in the 300-700hz range, they avoid "comb filtering" or playing the same beaming frequencies that cancel each other out. To cross a woofer that low typically requires a 3-way design. The mid would handle from 500hz up to the...
  10. M

SOLD: Allo DigiOne streamer with cable

Hey there Mike. Thanks for reaching out. This DigiOne is certainly capable of doing what you're looking for. It's all depends on how you set up the Raspberry Pi. If you're familiar enough with that end of things, then this will work great. Let me know if you'd like to make an offer. I'd be...
  11. M

Harman Kardon Omni Adapt+ Review (Streamer)

I think the issue with that review was Amir casted from the Chrome browser. I imagine most mainstream music apps with casting built into the app have properly implemented the casting protocol like Roon has. I never cast from my browser, always from a dedicated app on my phone. Usually Spotify
  12. M

Harman Kardon Omni Adapt+ Review (Streamer)

For real. Still use mine to this day
  13. M

GoldenEar BRX Review (high-end Bookshelf Speaker)

One thing I know for sure, One thing I know for sure, is you have certainly listened to many more ribbons than I ever have. Very little experience on my part in comparison to yours, would have been cool to hear some of those demos you've heard. I've dabbled in speaker design, and a concession...
  14. M

Interesting. It's a cool technology for sure, but much of that coolness is wasted or just requires gymnastics to implement properly. For instance, in this Golden Ear build, what good is it if this tweeter could reach 110+ SPL? The woofer can't keep pace, so the efficiency aspect is wasted. You...
  15. M

Good point. It's hard to separate the objective performance of a speaker from the price of it. The price sets a subjective expectation. Charge one tenth this price and suddenly these are not too bad, a few flaws here and there but altogether enjoyable
Top Bottom