Recent content by MrGoodbits

1. MrGoodbits

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

The foam tips in the package were a little too small for me. The Comply medium size is slightly larger, a better fit for me. Large size gives the most consistent seal against my ear canal, but is not comfortable. Yeah, I have old ears too. I finally had to start applying EQ on one side to get a...
  2. MrGoodbits

Went to the Comply site, selected The Netherlands in "Show Globally" and I see what you mean now, they show the T version, means "TechDefender" which is a little thin foam pad they stick on the end to keep out earwax.
  3. MrGoodbits

Sorry, I don't know the answer, not sure what the "T" means. I'm not aware of any design variations on the 600, so if all you see is "T-600" that might be it. I checked the Comply web site today, searched for "truthear" in their compatibliity guide, and this IEM is now there and shows the 600 as...
  4. MrGoodbits

Comply size 600 fits these. I emailed Comply a few weeks ago to request compatibility info since this IEM does not appear in their compatibility guide, and I had tried size 500 before and they were very hard to put on (but worked). Got email a couple days ago that Comply could confirm that their...
  5. MrGoodbits

I've owned speakers by.....

Realistic Infinity Marantz Magnepan Watkins Infinity Watkins Paradigm Paradigm
  6. MrGoodbits

ROON CORE ADEQUACY

Recently installed ROCK on NUC 11 Celeron 5105. No install or functionality issues and is more than plenty fast. With a huge library or heavy DSP might be different. I tend to agree that Roon's stated CPU requirements for ROCK and Server are way overkill, if using current CPU offerings.
  7. MrGoodbits

Can anyone recommend replacement cables for these? Mine broke. What do I need to look for? My Truthears x Crinacle Zero arrived yesterday, I love everything about them, sound, build, sound... Then I accidentally sat on them and broke a pin off the cable connector. Prefer to buy the exact same...
  8. MrGoodbits

Introducing Drop + THX AAA ONE Linear Amplifier (Pre-orders @ $149)

Mine arrived a few days ago. Solid and well built. When switched on, seems to power down and up with signal, but can't find that documented anywhere. Good for the intro price I paid ($150), maybe stiffer competition at current price ($200).
  9. MrGoodbits

Power Amp To Pair With Denon AVR-X3700H (Class AB or D?) (150-200WPC)

It might have features and capabilities that I don't know about, but if the PC version is like the Mac version, it's just a regular application, basically a music file and streaming player that can use audio processing plugins. Audirvana sees the audio destination devices on my network (like the...
  10. MrGoodbits

Qobuz in Audirvana works pretty good on my Mac. Tried Tidal and others but Qobuz has good classical and jazz libraries. I turn off Audirvana's upsampling and sysoptimizer and any of its other special audio stuff; I just want a good way to get the source bits to the headphone audio processing I...
  11. MrGoodbits

I didn’t realize the Buckeye had only balanced inputs. That said, I have used RCA -> XLR cables before and had no issues, but finding reasonably priced cables that are wired correctly was hard. Apparently there’s a particular way to make the connections that carries some of the benefits of balanced.
  12. MrGoodbits

I got an AVR X3700H and a Monolith 5x200 a couple of months ago and they work perfectly together. The Monolith is built like a tank and runs very cool, I’m pretty sure the 2x would be the same. That said, there are a lot more amp options in the 2 channel space than in the 5 channel space. I had...
  13. MrGoodbits

EQ Software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS/iPadOS and Android.

My personal favorite: CanOpener Studio, by Goodhertz. Crossfeed plugin, win and Mac, AAX, AU, VST, VST3.
Top Bottom