Recent content by mrcultureshock

1. mrcultureshock

Hearing loss: a hobby fades away

Just found this thread and I thought I'd contribute as well. I'm in my 40's and have had tinnitus twice. The first time was about 10 years ago and it went away after a while. The second instance started about 2-3 years ago and I fear that it'll with me for the long term. I hear a hiss in my left...
  2. mrcultureshock

Advice on using ADI-2 DAC with computer, speakers, and headphones

Thanks for all your comments and advice! I really appreciate it!
  3. mrcultureshock

How about 2 of these with the RME DAC? https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1025382-REG/genelec_8010_3_2_way_active_monitor.html
  4. mrcultureshock

My desk is in a loft (open 2nd floor), so the acoustics are not great. I don't need the speakers to project to the entire room. I just want good sound in the desk area.
  5. mrcultureshock

Thanks for the advice. Here are my budget and listening conditions: Budget: less than $1500 Listening condition: the system will be set up on my desk, along with a computer. Needs: I'm looking for a high quality DAC/amp combo that can drive high impedance headphones as well as IEMs. Morever...
  6. mrcultureshock

Could you recommend better speakers that will go well with the RME DAC?
  7. mrcultureshock

Hi all, I'm interested in buying the ADI-2 DAC but I have a question on how to connect to my set up. I'd like to connect the DAC as follows: PC --> DAC --> 1) Speakers (Vanatoo Transparent Zero) or 2) Headphones. I'll be using the RME DAC as a switch to change between speakers and headphones...
  8. mrcultureshock

Amp/DAC combo recommendation

Thanks for the replies! I think the iFI iDSD BL is an excellent suggestion. I also think the RME ADI-2 DAC is also a good choice if I stretch my budget a bit. Out of curiosity, is there a tube headphone amp/dac combo that can compete in the >$1000 price range?
  9. mrcultureshock

Amp/DAC combo recommendation

Hi guys, I'm looking to buy a amp/dac combo that's under $800. I was looking at the Jotenheim before I found this site, so I'm grateful that I didn't spend the money on something that has so many issues. My requirements for the amp/DAC are as follows: - Ability to drive low impedance IEMS as...
Top Bottom