Recent content by mr.k

1. M

Making a KEF LS50 Clone

I think the guys from the other posts iare nitpicking too much :) I for one really like what you're trying to do, no matter how boxy your box might be. It would be really cool to see the differences in response between this and the original speaker.
  2. M

Yamaha loudness vs. bass/treble

I'm interested in whether it's possible to achieve an experience similar to using a loudness curve without introducing additional digital components into the system. This is for simplicity and due to space constraints.
  3. M

Yamaha loudness vs. bass/treble

I understand what the loudness button does - Fletcher/Munson, raising/lowering bass and treble, etc. So, you decide the maximum volume at which you'd like to listen, and then use the loudness knob to control the amounts of bass and treble for low-volume listening. What I don't understand is...
  4. M

KEF R11 vs. Q900 Blind test can’t tell difference! HELP

The problem was I didn't like my speaker more or less...the problem was I couldn't hear any noticable difference . Which is good, because it saved me money. But also bad, because I really want new speakers :) That lead me to suspicion that maybe speakers, just like DACs/amps, are "solved...
  5. M

KEF R11 vs. Q900 Blind test can’t tell difference! HELP

I have a similar experience. For years now, I've been trying to find significantly better bookshelf speakers than the ones I currently have. I own very old B&W 686 speakers with a dented tweeter. I have experimented with different speakers along the way, some of them being several times more...
  6. M

Presonus eris8 teardown

Totallly offtopic, but always wanted to ask...on my old TV, one of the capacitors almost caught fire. TV started to smoke, and I'll never know what would happed if I didn't turned off tv immediately. Since then, it's always unsettling for me to see capacitors wrapped in a pile of polyfill...
  7. M

CONFIRMED: WiiM Mini is perfect for the Yamaha A-S501.

What happens if: 1) you play internet radio through the Wiim Mini powered by Yamaha's USB 2) turn the Yamaha off 3) turn the Yamaha back on? Will the Wiim Mini continue to play last internet radio station it played before it was shut down? TLDR - will the combination of Yahama amplifier and...
  8. M

Bedroom system Sonos alternative?

If I want to build bedroom system which needs to: 1) sound "full" at low listening volumes (so I need some kind of loudness(fletcher-munson)/bass/treble control functionality) 2) be simple to turn on and off => wife friendly (no multiple buttonless, screenless boxes controlled only by mobile...
  9. M

Audio streamer/device with nice tactile interface

Few months ago I bought this device: https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B08SFG4W6W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 It has screen, it has buttons, it has knobs, it has streaming, it has optical out, it has (cheap) remote, it has app :) Found it strange nobody mentioned it...
  10. M

Kef r3 vs Wharfdale Linton 85 (My comparison)

I think one or even both of the guys said they have Lintons at home, so there's no reason to skew the results. Anyway, I'm also interested in the Lintons because of the positive reviews and looks, but if it was only for this video, they would be last speakers on my list :)
  11. M

Kef r3 vs Wharfdale Linton 85 (My comparison)

I know it's hard to judge true speaker nature based od youtube video, but I found it strange how much "off" Lintons sounded compared to other speaker in this short comparison:
  12. M

Speakers "inside" bookshelf

Although something above 1k budget mark, what about LS50 metas in these cirmumstances? Everybody says they need room to breath...ont the other hand, would positioning them close to the wall help with missing bass ?
  13. M

Speakers "inside" bookshelf

Due to the specific configuration of my living room, I'm forced to put some speakers "into" a bookshelf. Not on, but into :) This means each speaker will be surrounded by a kind of "board box". If this is not enough, the bookshelf is pretty shallow as well, only 25cm. The good thing is that...
  14. M

Naim Uniti Atom Review (Streamer & Amp)

Would you mind sharing what kind of ceiling speakers are you using ? I was always tempted by the idea of multiple speakers in one room, but this idea is quickly discarded as bad here and on similar forums. Just to be clear, I'm not interested in surround sound, i just want my "stereo" (mono?)...
  15. M

Easy to operate streamer

I saw your setup in other thread, and actually liked it more than most of similar solutions! Now put the screen it in the box of the same shape and similar proportions as RME ADI below, with on/off switch on the front fascia, and feel free to send me (reasonable) bill... something like this...
Top Bottom