Recent content by movehome

1. M

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

Recent oil painting I did. (for sale)
  2. M

Am I wrong? It seems like there's one significant thing left that could improve audio playback for everyone

Dynamic masters exist for almost all of the music I listen to, including new stuff. Usually it's just a vinyl mastering but at least someone will usually do a good rip of it and post it online. For example the recent Soen Atlantis album - great sounding vinyl master but the cd mastering is DR7.
  3. M

M-Audio BX3 Monitor Review

For small good quality monitors that fit on your desk, I recommend the Tannoy 402.
  4. M

Describe your decisive experience that completely changed your view of audiophilia with a comment.

The experience that was the most significant to me was hearing an LP for the first time on my first turntable. It was an Allan Holdsworth record and sounded amazing. Before that my digital setup must not have been great, or maybe I hadn't been listening to much well-mastered music. Either way it...
  5. M

Now this is some language skills!

His Chinese seems to still be at beginner level.. he's mostly saying easy basic stuff that people learning Chinese in China will pick up pretty quick. His pronunciation isn't great either. These kinds of "polyglot" videos mostly impress people who aren't really into learning languages...
  6. M

Why does Cannabis make music sound way more detailed and hundreds of times more enjoyable?

Listening to nicely recorded music while high in the dark with eyes closed really is amazing. I don't smoke much anymore but the next time I do it will be when I'm in the mood to listen to some music late at night. Alcohol helps a lot too but with weed the "details" become really apparent. As...
  7. M

Genelec 8010 vs 8020 for desktop near field lower volume use

When I was shopping for smaller desktop speakers, I compared the 8010's to Tannoy 402's. I prefered the 402's by far. They have a much fuller sound (more bass). The size is nice too. Bigger than the 8010's but a lot smaller than the other ones you mentioned and other monitors. They also only...
  8. M

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

I think it's a fair criticism of the product. I watch a lot of anime and read manga and they are almost always teenage (and younger) girls. Even girls down to the age of around 5 are sexualized in Japanese media. Anime and manga are popular worldwide, and especially in Asia, so it's probably...
  9. M

Mine arrived and I like them. Thanks for the recommendation! Cats tore up my old pair of IEM's that came free with a phone so it's nice having another wired pair of earbuds.
  10. M

I ordered a pair too this morning. They've gone up in price by $15 since then on Amazon.ca.
  11. M

Noob: Does a new 2.0 instead of 2.1 significantly reduce bass-noise for my neighbours?

I have the Tannoy 402's and they sound really good at low volumes. They're front ported and there's good bass presence at low volume too. I previously had the Edifier 1280T and A/B'd them with the Tannoys and Tannoys are a lot better for a bit more money. They sell them individually on Amazon...
  12. M

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

Hey Amir just reminding you that you showed interest in reviewing the Tannoy 402 powered monitor speakers. They're around $100 each. I like mine - they are a very significant step up in sound quality over the Edifier 1280T (which I also have).
  13. M

There is something very, very wrong with today’s music

In the metal genre there are some really good bands. Soen and Horrendous are two of my favourites. In progressive rock, Big Big Train had a string of 5 or so amazing albums starting with "The Underfall Yard." I haven't listened to much of the top spotify songs but I watched a Rick Beato vid on...
  14. M

Is it possible that I don't like rock?

Here's one of the best current rock/metal bands. Some people consider them to be "Goth Metal" I think. Not exactly sure what that's about though. Unto Others. The song is "Hell is for Children," a Pat Benatar cover. Their songs are all pretty catchy like this one.
  15. M

Why is louder always better/preferred

Louder isn't always better for me. If the mastering is loud, then cranking the volume often makes it more painful to listen to. The music is louder but doesn't actually sound better. When the music is mastered well with high dynamic range though, that's when cranking it makes the music really...
Top Bottom