Recent content by MoStyles

1. M

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

With so many great speaker manufactures out there, it's easy to pass on Tektons in the future. We don't need that kind of behavior in the audio industry.
  2. M

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Sadly I'm not going to AXPONA this year. I hope many in this group walk right past Tekton's booth/room and boycott their products... Did we ever get a GoFundme page setup for Erin? (Sorry if I missed it in the chat)
  3. M

Belden ICONOCLAST XLR Cable Review

Galen’s response summary: “If you can’t convince them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!”
  4. M

Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Review (Speaker)

Technically, manufactures measure speakers at 1w/1meter to get 87db. with frequency range at +/- 3db. If your only listening at 60db (conversation volume) They can go quite lower with less then 1 watt. (first watt is the most important) They spec 65hz at -6db and probably roll off around 50hz in...
  5. M

I listened to all three in my home and the 12.0 is incredibly impressive. Would have loved to keep it as a nearfield in my office. Rivals my studio monitors. Very relaxing, detailed speaker while not fatiguing at all. I only keep going large because I changed my 2 channel setup to a large great...
  6. M

Help with some recommendations

Every option you listed would be a great choice. At 95db speakers, you don’t have to go crazy on power. I’m personally been a long time fan of Rotel. Started when I was younger and worked as a system designer in the AV industry. I recently bought a new 2 channel setup with a Rotel a12 (60wpc)...
  7. M

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

I’m a little disappointed in this lackluster review. Seems more focus on personal bias, rather than science.
  8. M

I currently auditioned the 12.0, 12.1 and now have the 12.2s. Amazingly smooth speakers And they are all have slight variations. I thought I would listen to low volumes but it’s an open large room… it’s easy to creep the volume. I’m used to more detailed brighter speakers and misss a little of...
  9. M

Most Cost Efficient Most Well Reviewed 2.1 Set Up w/ Separates

I think they are still on sale at Crutchfield for $799.00… it’s hard to beat for that price.
  10. M

I'm at crossroads.. All in one or separate ?

I used to design high end AV system as a professional for over a decade. I’m an IT director now, but still have an studio audio engineer on my team and stay current. I love your ideas for this room. I agree in regards to where to spend money first if this project is music centric (E.g...
  11. M

Most Cost Efficient Most Well Reviewed 2.1 Set Up w/ Separates

I was in the same boat trying to piece meal a system together with Chinese topping preamp, DAC, bluetooth, power amp, bass management, eq… I wanted various ways to stream from phone, computer and play CDs. After I ended up totaling it all out I figured my budget allowed for a really nice...
Top Bottom