Recent content by MoreCowBell

1. M

Hypex Ncore NC502MP - audible hum on one channel?

@Dlomb11 audiophonics doesn’t view the buzzing as a defect because the sound to them was only audible when ear was against the tweeter (It was loud to me at six inches and was still noticeable at 2ft) and was heard on all of their nc502 inventory. Doesn’t make sense to me but they provided a...
  2. M

@Lawhaus, your previous informative post on the nc502 helped me make my decision to purchase it. Seems like I got a dud.
  3. M

Only at the zoo! Not certain but I believe most mammals pass gas. I just found this compendium documenting this lol vx[p]16952227[t]a']Does it Fart? A Definitive Field Guide to Animal Flatulence...
  4. M

Sorry my bear farting in the woods comment was made in jest; I did not intend to offend you. When I did my research I only found a few companies (outside of the big manufacturers such as NAD) that offered warranties, had decent reviews, at a “reasonable” price for hypex based amps. Which...
  5. M

If a bear farts in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does it still smell? ;)
  6. M

Before I made the purchase I spoke to Alan March about this measurement and he states that the mains and harmonics pick up were predominantly due to the set up as was later discussed in the p502 test thread. He also believes that the levels are inaudible. He asserts that the problem I had with...
  7. M

Yes, a low level buzz is accurate. I just purchased a p502 from March audio. I am hoping, with March audio’s better implementation, that the noise will be nonexistent. I will provide an update upon receipt.
  8. M

They offered me a refund because they do not view the product as defective. As indicated above, Audiophonics states that they have tested all of their remaining LPA-S500NC stock and heard the hum in the right channel. So in their view because the noise is heard in all their products then the...
  9. M

Thanks I was not aware that this issue was well known. Is this grounding issue an issue specific to the amplifier i purchased (i.e. implementation issue of the manufacturer) or is it a general issue affecting all Hypex NCore amplifiers (or the NC502MP module)?
  10. M

Actually I looked at both but was concerned as to the build quality of vtv and the lack of warranty with Buckeye.
  11. M

Interesting. I don't believe its the XLR connector because I unplugged the xlr cable from left input (left speaker had no noise) and plugged that same xlr cable into the right input and the same noise occurred.
  12. M

Unfortunately, I no longer have the amplifier as it was returned to Audiophonics. I tried various XLR cables (monoprice / Hosa) but never tried disconnecting the shield. I don't think its the XLR cables however as the manufacturer also confirmed that they heard noise on the right channel...
  13. M

Thank you! That is the sense I was getting but just wanted to confirm...
  14. M

Long time lurker, first time post. Is it normal to hear an audible hum (only from the right speaker) from the Hypex Ncore NC502MP modules? I recently purchased a Audiophonics LPA-S500NC, a French made stereo amplifier that utilizes the Hypex Ncore NC502MP module. My set up is as follows...
Top Bottom