Recent content by MondoAudio

1. M

Topping D10 Balanced Review (USB DAC)

I run an old QSC pro amplifier. For the inputs from the preamp, it provides two options: TRS jacks and a "barrier strip" for spade terminals/stripped wire. The manual states: "1/4-inch connectors are suitable for low cost portable systems, but must be removed and replaced frequently to avoid...
  2. M

Amazing Budget Amplifier Find: AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Video Review

@amirm, thanks for this review. I own one of these amps and use it as my go-to bench amp to test speakers and drive DIY projects. Truth is, I enjoy it! Nonetheless it's nice to see objective validation. :)
  3. M

Measurements of Musician Pegasus R2R DAC

Thanks for the review, @WolfX-700. I'm fascinated by these R2R designs.
  4. M

Schiit Modius Balanced DAC Review

I would say that that a review based on subjective preference is an opinion. And a review based on measurable aspects of sound is an analysis. I prefer analysis over opinion.
  5. M

Benefit from DAC balanced to pre/amp single-ended?

Great question. Clear answers! Thanks for addressing a question I've been meaning to ask for awhile.
  6. M

Soncoz LA-QXD1 Balanced DAC Review

@amirm I'm not sure who is maintaining the data behind the awesome Audio Electronics Reviews and Measurements Index, but this device doesn't appear to be loading in the results.
  7. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

My experience is the same as yours. Changing speakers or headphones has consistently been the single fastest way to change the sound of my systems. But the difference between a good DAC and a great DAC can require close scrutiny to hear, if I can hear it at all. I think that's why there's the...
  8. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

There's a fine line between being objectivist and becoming an absolutist. Crossing that line must make listening to music so bloody unenjoyable.
  9. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

Thanks for this. I didn’t know this valuable tool existed.
  10. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

LOL. I think the challenge in an objectivist forum is that we end up chasing the numbers. Even when the best advice tells us that "values below X" are inaudible, we want to get to X-0.1. At least our dogs will be grateful!
  11. M

SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK II DAC Review

According to @silverD in post #92 here (with photos), the Mk II will display "V2" on bootup.
  12. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

According to @amirm, these two devices will compare very favourably from an audio performance standpoint. Aside from the multi-tonal test, they measured very similarly. And even with the multi-tonal test, it's unlikely that most listeners would be able to distinguish them. I agree, though...
  13. M

SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK II vs Topping E30: Features

Great information. As I said, I know nothing (haven't even Googled) about filters. So knowing how filters contour sound is good to learn.
  14. M

Thanks, I'll take that under...advisement. ;)
  15. M

Interesting. These measurements of the E30 from the Canadian Amazon site: Color:Black/Silver Size:10x12.5x32cm Weight:265g But I see on the Aliexpress site that it's definitely a compact little feller. Thanks.
Top Bottom