Recent content by Molasses

1. M

JDS Labs Atom DAC Review

It's a nice DAC at a great price, but I was kinda hoping they'd revolutionise budget DACs like they did with budget amps
  2. M

How to EQ my headphones.

Hey, guys. I did more research on this and after trying several options I'm now using APO Equalizer. It's a free system-wide EQ and a VST plugin host Best of luck
  3. M

Soncoz LA-QXD1 Balanced DAC Review

I found the WDM driver on JRiver kinda glitchy, so I switched to APO Equalizer. It's also system-wide, it also hosts VST plugins, its always on in the background, it runs much smoother on my system (even without buffering), and it's free :D [edited out an error}
  4. M

Thanks for the information, Ben
  5. M

Hey, @Ben1987 . There was a 3db difference in THD+N between Channel 1 and 2. Was this due to some fault in the test unit or is it standard in the DAC? And if it was a fault in the test unit, does that mean we can expect the SINAD to be 115 in regular production units? And there is a...
  6. M

What electronic audio products you want tested most

Hey, @amirm . Can you test the SMSL M200 and other budget balanced DACs, please? We're spoiled for choice with overachieving budget headphone amps, but there aren't many options for high performing budget balanced DACs to pair them with Thanks
  7. M

How to EQ my headphones.

Thanks. I'm trying it
  8. M

JBL LSR305P MKii and Control 1 Pro Monitors Review

Are these currently the best measuring active monitors in this price range?
  9. M

How to EQ my headphones.

Hey, Smokingpacman. What software solution did you go with? And how are you finding it? I'm using APO (Peace, HeSuVi plugins) and I'm finding it lacking. Best,
  10. M

Please advise on a DAC+amp combo, and a headphone with a warm, relaxed sound

Hey, guys. Thanks for all the replies. I feel confident about getting the HD6XX for now. After I gain more experience, I'll have a more precise idea of what to look for in my next pair of headphones
  11. M

Hey guys, Sorry, I phrased the title very poorly. I meant I want a transparent DAC and amp combo (like the Soncoz and Archel 2), and a headphone that fitted that warm, relaxed sound profile. And advise on whether a pairing of the Topping D10 + JDS Atom would sound as good as the more expensive...
  12. M

Thank you for all the feedback, guys. I really appreciate it
  13. M

I selected the DAC and amps that had the best SINAD and other measurements at their price range, I intended for the headphones to provide the 'flavour'. I read that the HD6XXX had the profile I'm looking for, but I haven't heard them, and I can't go to an audio store and try things out due to...
Top Bottom