Recent content by Mojo Warrior

1. M

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Eric Alexander should do two things: 1) Hire a PR firm and to stay off audio online forums 2) Re-introduce the speaker that was reviewed here ASAP. This speaker may be 20 years old and in need of an update. The speaker market is competitive and evolving. There is no doubt that improvements can...
  2. M

Are Super tweeters worth it?

NO Most music has very little content at very high frequencies. Most of us have very little ability to hear above 14k Hz
  3. M

Do you refer to yourself as an 'audiophile'?

No, Audiophile is a pejorative in the 21st Century
  4. M

How do people feel about outriggers on speakers?

I have 5 foot towers, suspended wooden floors, 5 stories up in my building and I live in earthquake country. This is one of the very, very few tweaks that audibly improved the sound. If you live on a concrete slab YMMV Now the speakers are less likely to get knocked over accidentally. Less...
  5. M

Headphone Advice

With a $1000 budget there are so many possibilities. IEMs reviewed on this forum offer really, really good sound and can be easily driven from your cellphone which makes them both comfortable and portable. There are several priced from $20-30. Amazing value for the money. (7Hz, Tanchjim) At...
  6. M

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

Fantastic entry level product
  7. M

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

I am expecting the members of the forum to extend courtesy to Mr Alexander. He has been courteous in voluntarily joining the discussion on this forum. He is a successful speaker designer and has shared his opinions. We have an obligation to keep the discussion civil. A challenge was accepted by...
  8. M

Fosi Audio P3 Preamplifier & Headphone Amplifier Discussion

https://www.tnt-audio.com/ampli/fosi_p3_e.html Another reviewers opinion FWIW
  9. M

Vitamin D & Optimal Health

Unless your weight or dosage has dramatically changed there is no need for repeat testing as toxicity is rare.
  10. M

Vitamin D & Optimal Health

IME Vitamin D3 is an anabolic steroid (produced from cholesterol). i.e. it is functionally a hormone that has been mislabeled for decades. Optimal levels of Vitamin D3, {25(OH)D} are 50-100 ng/ml and toxicity is rare Because it is derived from cholesterol it can be stored in adipose (fat...
  11. M

“The Sensible Sound” magazine the ASR forum of pre-internet days?

IIRC Winslow Burhoe was the designer of the original EPI/Epicure line of loudspeakers. The EPI 100 was an outstanding bookshelf at an affordable price. The magnificent M1000 (an omnidirectional design ) was one of the best speakers I have ever heard. Much later he was involved in ZVOX.
  12. M

“The Sensible Sound” magazine the ASR forum of pre-internet days?

T$S was a great mag when it was available. Reliable and honest to a fault.
  13. M

Spotify to layoff 17%

Same old story, Screw the workers and the artists, increase CEO pay and shareholder profits
Top Bottom