Recent content by Moderate Dionysianism

1. Moderate Dionysianism

Making further progress, TOPPING’s new flagship amplifier will be launched in late May!

goddang hell will freeze over before Topping adopts standardized product naming
  2. Moderate Dionysianism

External Volume Control Knob for Computer(PC)

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/my-kingdom-for-a-remote-volume-knob-can-this-be-made.34810/
  3. Moderate Dionysianism

Cover me I'm going in! - Post your favorite song covers.

Spider God. They did a whole album of these:
  4. Moderate Dionysianism

Harman acquires Roon

Exactly, that's why I said you need to use write-in.
  5. Moderate Dionysianism

Harman acquires Roon

I received a user feedback survey recently: Take notice of question#9, you'll need to use the 'other' / write-in option: [EDIT:] To be clear, ASR is not listed at all among this strange menagerie, you need to add it yourself.
  6. Moderate Dionysianism

Can you wear your IEMs while you eat?

The chewing movement is your body's way of expelling the earwax. So I guess that's no cause for concern, quite the contrary
  7. Moderate Dionysianism

New Sennheiser HD490 Pro

HD380Pro is an absolute beast, tremendous comfort, zero noticeable distortion, great sound straight out of the box.
  8. Moderate Dionysianism

How important is imaging to you?

Voted 'don't care'. Seriously, I never try to imagine the musicians in the room (that would creep me out) or 'place the instruments' somewhere. I sometimes imagine myself onstage, but mostly I imagine stuff of non-musical nature, esp when stoned. Music feels like a tissue in my head, the...
  9. Moderate Dionysianism

New music discovery?

Last.fm - surely it doesn't have the most sophisticated algorithms, but the recommendations and similar artists sections can be fun. It doesn't analyze the music itself, being based purely on ppl's listening histories. So while a recommendation can be off stylistically, I found it less likely to...
  10. Moderate Dionysianism

CHORD Mojo 2 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Since when flashy audio gear aficionados on web forums = 'the entirety of humankind'? You seem to mistake the loudest shouting, most argumentative subset (sbjectivists) of a marginal subset ('audiophiles') of the population for some kind of vox populi. Is it because they drown research and...
  11. Moderate Dionysianism

NEOHIPO ET30 VU Meter Speaker Switcher Review

I drool at a nice VU meter as much as the next guy, but this would drive me certifiably nuts and ruin any enjoyment from the get-go.
  12. Moderate Dionysianism

Top 3 new recordings of 2023

If I had to come up with three 2023 records that I found most fascinating: Spall by Kerry Leimer - the ambient + electroacoustic mixture works brilliantly on this one. Once again Kerry strikes the perfect balance between slow-moving soundscapes and unsettling timbres. Been tripping really hard...
  13. Moderate Dionysianism

Spotify HiFi (finally) Coming Soon?

Simple: users that care about it are a microscopic subset of their subscriber base
  14. Moderate Dionysianism

[owner's thread] Monoprice Monolith THX AAA 887 headphone amp

Had the same issue in early 2022 (see post#14). No trouble with getting a replacement unit within the warranty period. But note that I had ordered from monoprice.eu, which is no more: The replacement unit also developed the noise issue after <6 months of use, so I just opened it and cleaned...
Top Bottom