Recent content by Mocs123

1. Mocs123

Emotiva RMC-1 AV Processor Review

I wonder how the XMC-2 compares. It's still too pricey for me, but seems to be an excellent value in a pre-pro that can do 9.1.6 and have Dirac (one day).
  2. Mocs123

Anthem MRX1120 Home Theater AVR Review

I assume they are going to be HDMI 2.1 compliant. Other than no being able to decode more than 7.1.4, they've held up pretty well as long as they've been out. The lower tier models need to decode more channels but the AVM60 and MRX1120 seems to have most of everything you'd want even today.
  3. Mocs123

Panasonic DP-UB9000 UHD Player Review

The big advantage of the Panasonic players like the UB9000, UB820, and UB420 is for projector users as they have superior tone mapping to other 4K players. The UB9000, 820, and 420 all have the same HDR Optimizer, with the 9000 having one additional setting allowing down to 350nits while the...
  4. Mocs123

Denon AVR-X4700H 2020 AVR Review

One of the things I have always apprciated about reviews on this forum is that they are objective data based and not subjective. Amirm doesn't discriminate, and I think I've seen him post negative reviews about just every brand. The only two "positive" AVR reviews I remember were the Denon...
  5. Mocs123

Denon AVR-X4700H 2020 AVR Review

From my understanding there will be no 8700, but there is an HDMI 2.1 board upgrade that they will offer for the 8500 that basically brings it up to the same specs as a 8700 would be.
  6. Mocs123

JBL Studio 530 Speaker Review

Just a heads up these (along with their big brother the 590) are on sale for half price again.
  7. Mocs123

Emotiva RMC-1 AV Processor Review

I found going to Atmos (7.4.4) from 7.1 a more significant upgrade then going from 7.1 from 5.1. I like the Synthesized Atmos and DTS Neo X as well.
  8. Mocs123

AVR Decisions - Anthem, Arcam, Denon, Yamaha...?

I think Yamaha replacement models are immanent. There are rumors of new Anthem models too (even some photo's) but of course new models have been rumored for some time.
  9. Mocs123

New Lexicon AVRs (RV-6, RV-9) and SSP (MC-10) with Dirac Live

If anyone want's to pick this up and send to Amir I've seen them on sale for $2,500 - not that much different than a Denon 6500.
  10. Mocs123

AVR advice

My opinion - If you are looking at a 5.1 system any don't care anything about room correction (a mistake IMO), or new features, I'd think an older high end receiver would do you well. You can pick them up used cheap, and it should do everything you want it to do. You could go with a pre-atmos...
  11. Mocs123

DIY while stuck at home

What about a VBSS? Inexpensive PA460 driver, easy to drive (2 off a Behringer 1000D or up to 8 off a 3000D!), each one only uses 1 sheet of MDF or Baltic Birch.
  12. Mocs123

Onkyo AccuEQ Room EQ Review

Yes, I'm running a 7.2.4 setup.
  13. Mocs123

Onkyo AccuEQ Room EQ Review

I agree, I'd love to see a comparison that included not Accu-EQ, Audyssey, YPAO, Dirac, and ARC. The general consensus is Dirac Live and ARC-Genesis are far superior to the other three and I imagine testing would validate that. My Onkyo RZ830's Accu-EQ had me test multiple seating locations...
  14. Mocs123

Onkyo PR-RZ5100 AV Processor Review

I just saw it and looked like was what you were looking for. It seems that all the 16 channel pre-pro's are plagued by bugs and software issues. I'm guessing they will eventually get it sorted out, but it would be pretty hard to pay $5K and feel like a beta-tester.
  15. Mocs123

Onkyo PR-RZ5100 AV Processor Review

I have no idea how it performs, but the Acurus MUSE might be close to what you are looking for.
Top Bottom