Recent content by mocenigo

1. M

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

That's incredible. Such honesty. Congratulations, man.
  2. M

This is true but this one is made as an R2R chain, IIUC, which is by definition linear. However, the controller skips (i.e. does not map) some steps at the intermediate and lower levels.
  3. M

I think you have swapped linear and logarithmic.
  4. M

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

I believe amps like the Neurochrome MODULUS series, the recent batches of Purifi and NCore modules, and the Benchmark AHB2 are endgame if you want fidelity. Numbers prove this. If someone wants color then it is another matter.
  5. M

New Hypex Nilai500DIY modules )

You missed the “almost”.
  6. M

Use a power supply that is both regulated and based on a synchro rectifier.
  7. M

Crosstalk? They are mono modules. If you want to kill crosstalk completely just make monoblocks.
  8. M

Well, they are a small company with a small R&D department, but they have ppl like Putzeys, Risbø and Madsen. Hypex is larger and have had a longer time to develop a complete line of products. But without Putzeys they have lost the real engine of their development.
  9. M

There is nothing publicly available. People (like me) meeting the Purifi team at the Munich high end were told that the noise would be 8uV. The Nilai is at 10uV. These are all ridiculously low values.
  10. M

I said 1ET9040BA, not 1ET7040SA.
  11. M

The noise and distortion of the Purifi 1ET9040BA should be even lower. Still, it’ll probably be more expensive. It is nice to have choices
Top Bottom