Recent content by mn4

1. M

Review and Measurements of SMSL VMV D1 DAC

Better buy a spare D1 in that case :p
  2. M

I actually think in the right system (i.e. USB not fed from a noisy laptop, balanced connectivity, very high quality preamp, speaker placement and possibly some room EQ etc) that there is a worthwhile difference despite what the numbers say. If you can't get those right then sure, there won't...
  3. M

Long shot, but does anyone know if the D1 remote uses standard remote protocols? @SMSL-Mandy any idea? I've asked for a replacement remote control. Admittedly I'd rather just get a working remote as its easily the finest remote ergonomically and visually I've had.
  4. M

OK, so DAC is stable and behaving as expected, breaking in well. However I seem to have received a remote which half the time decides to go in the wrong direction volume wise o_O back to Customer Services...
  5. M

Replacement arrived and working (so far). Must have paid a lot of $$$ to get it from HK so fast.... no battery in remote this time, but at least the case wasn't bashed up like previous :-)
  6. M

SMSL customer services coming through, should have replacement by Monday. Would have been sooner, but no stock in EU/UK.
  7. M

@SMSL-Mandy I've sent you the email via PM on here. I've also sent a copy to SMSL Customer services via AliExpress.
  8. M

SMSL customer services via Aliexpress asked me to email a video to [email protected] which I did - to find i'm getting "550 user not found". Sigh. @SMSL-Mandy can you let me know the correct email address please?
  9. M

They have contacted, asking for a video showing the problem. OK, i'll try!
  10. M

If they get me an exchanged unit fast (they have stock in EU) I'm happy :) Going back to the T+A ... eeeish. D1 really is a step forward in PCM mode (when it works, ofcourse)
  11. M

Amps are fine, just plugged T+A into same source, all good. I don't have any amps with RCA inputs, so won't be able to test that. Did factory reset a few times just in case, no improvement even left in "fixed" mode from a reset.
  12. M

There's a mod? From its XLR outputs, not modified it at all. edit: oh sorry, at max with variable volume is the same as fixed volume control - its output has significantly dropped.
  13. M

Well, that lasted long. It's output has suddenly become very quiet, in either fixed or variable mode. Have tried a factory reset, no impact. Let's see how customer services manages this...
  14. M

Also worth mentioning, my D1 unit had a few scuffs on arrival (top of chassis marks). After sending pictures, SMSL customer services are sending a replacement shell so I can replace it myself. No fuss!
Top Bottom