mmi's latest activity

• M
    mmi replied to the thread New phono cart needed.
    I just got one of these for ripping my rare stuff that has been sitting round un-listened to for far too long. I bought it based on your...
  • M
    mmi reacted to Bob from Florida's post in the thread The Waxwing Thread with Like Like.
    My understanding is ADC’s behave a bit differently than reel to reels and the cassettes decks I used to record LP’s to for car playback...
  • M
    mmi replied to the thread The Waxwing Thread.
    Thanks for the info! Sorry for getting off topic but maybe you could help me. Line is slightly too hot for whatever reason. There are...
  • M
    mmi reacted to Bob from Florida's post in the thread The Waxwing Thread with Like Like.
    I don't think you will have any clipping issues with the Waxwing. The ADC input readings gives peak and average readings. It remembers...
  • M
    From my understanding the reason to rip at eg 24/96 would be more accurate processing like click removal. I’d be exporting to AAC...
  • M
    I have not got around to ripping yet. You will need one of these to convert optical to USB...
  • M
    This looks amazing! What is the deal with ripping records, could I ditch my audio interface and still capture at 24 bit 44.1? I’d...
  • M
    mmi reacted to early rejecter's post in the thread Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review with Like Like.
    Airplay syncs the audio and video. The delay is apparent when you use the line-in rather than Airplay.
  • M
    mmi replied to the thread Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review.
    This measurement rig looks pretty bespoke, I’ve always wondered about it in comparison to the NFS.
    • IMG_4903.jpeg
  • M
    mmi replied to the thread Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review.
    Love my Fives!! I run them horizontal stereo pair when I want wide dispersion, vertical stereo pair when I want a more focused sound...
  • M
    mmi reacted to napilopez's post in the thread Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review with Like Like.
    It's nice to see these speakers measured, and to see them perform so well. These hold a bit of a special place for me. Back when I was...
  • M
    mmi reacted to thewas's post in the thread Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review with Like Like.
    One thing that should be said and also considered when measuring it that as its lying orientation it plays as a stereo loudspeaker...
  • M
    Following up on my post above, I ended up finding Sound Spectrum Pro. It’s RTA mode ticks all the boxes for quick high quality moving...
Top Bottom