Recent content by Ml2316

1. M

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

I think the main problem is the preference score. I feel that it would be more useful to have a reporting system which quantifies various characteristics that reviewers normally talk about and that people's tastes in audio vary along, like brightness, warmth, forewardness, detail reproduction...
  2. M

curious to see amir rate the fosi bl20c

sorry, not trying to mislead anyone. that's just what the specs say. no idea how to verify. I'm eager to know the real rating though, or how inaccurate that is.
  3. M

Poll for Topping PA5 owners only please.

You can postulate whatever you like. All I'm doing is postulating. I think it's important to introduce this possibility. Also, I've noticed there are far more angry audio snobs here than angry budgetphiles. Probably because the latter is more of a rational preference, while the former is an...
  4. M

Poll for Topping PA5 owners only please.

you're probably getting more audio snobs who don't own it clicking on this thread to vote 'yes' than budgetphiles who don't own it clicking no.
  5. M

it also seems to use a chip that is not common in other budget amps.
  6. M

I have this amp and while I'm not an audiophile, it seems to perform really well for the price. 160wx2. I tried another fosi amp and it was terrible, but I haven't noticed anything I can criticize about this one, so I'm curious to see how my subjective experience aligns with objective measurements.
  7. M

Why expensive integrated amplifiers better than Topping...?

If a product has serious reliability issues, that will usually manifest in amazon reviews as a 1-star rating proportion of greater than 6%. however, if the product is dying after like 2 years that doesn't seem to show up in amazon ratings. I've only seen reviews that refer to something dying up...
  8. M

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

For this price both amir and Erin should try another pair and test again.
  9. M

nice. some of these speaker deals are insane. the margins on passive speakers must be enormous.
  10. M

if i clear my cookies i get the 126 price again. i wonder if this is an all time low price.
  11. M

i wonder if it was a pricing bug from their site redesign or they are planning the sale but started it prematurely. either way, now i have 4 sets of speakers i bought on sale, which has complicated my decision process. jbl 530 ($240), qa 3020 ($230), jamo s803 (5-speaker hcs $180), and now jbl...
  12. M

hmm i added once to my cart and it was 126 total. but yes now when i add, it's 299. then if i clear my cookies, clear cart, then add to cart, i get the 126 price again.
Top Bottom