Recent content by mkush

1. M

Genelec G Four, KEF R3 or other?

3.75 pounds lighter! Wow. So you just have them mounted to hollow drywall? That's amazing that there's not an issue. I likely would have ordered G5s instead but I didn't find them in stock anywhere. G3s and lower, yes, but not G4s or G5s.
  2. M

I've got the wall mounts too, debating whether to use. It seems it would be best to have two side-by-studs behind them since those speakers are so heavy. Any issues there, with them supporting the weight?
  3. M

Good to know. I ordered 8050s, then thought more about it and got 8040s and a sub. None of this has been opened yet so I can still pick between the 50s and 40s and return the one I don't choose. How large is your room and how far away do you sit?
  4. M

OK. Do you run a sub (or subs) with your G5s, or do you find the bass sufficient?
  5. M

Do you like the sound of the G5 better, or something else? I thought they were basically identical. Asking because I just took delivery of 8040s instead of waiting for G4s.
  6. M

Genelec in large room: waste of money?

Yes, the UMIK-1. The dealer (Deer Creek in Colorado) said he didn’t see the need for a UMIK-2. Hopefully that was a good choice.
  7. M

I made one more change to the system (this is all before installing it!) and this will help. Instead of the Parasound unit, I decided to get a MiniDSP SHD. So now I can do what everyone here says… measure and correct! So the final system I hope to ACTUALLY plug up this weekend is: MiniDSP SHD...
  8. M

Well, I can’t leave well enough alone. I decided to instead start out with the smaller 8040B and an SVS SB-2000 Pro sub. Bass should be much better than with the 8050B and no sub and total $ came in cheaper. The 8040B should still have enough power for my listening distance. I’m now wondering...
  9. M

I ended up ordering a pair of Genelec 8050B and no sub. My hope is that the larger speakers and their amps will handle the large room well. And hopefully the bass they produce will be sufficient for me. They’ll be connected to a Parasound Halo P6. For now, there is no room correction. Once I get...
  10. M

I really hate to buy another KC62… those things are a bit expensive. I think I’ll start with the one and go from there. Still, if I did do two, I had a placement question… Between the speakers is a long table. Well, not that long, just 2m. The idea was to just put the one sub under the table...
  11. M

You say dual subs would depend on SPL. In my case, listening volumes will seldom be very loud. But one comment I read in another thread does make me wonder about dual subs. I’ve always heard that low bass is not directional. But, if I’m going to cross these over relatively high, might I be in...
  12. M

Cool thanks. This option (Lyngdorf/LS50Meta/KC62) is appealing to me. I do note that the LS50 Meta is $600 less per pair than the R3, at least here in the US.
  13. M

You had previously suggested KEF R3. What about LS50 Meta instead? Assuming I’m using sub(s), it doesn’t seem like the woofer on the R3 is as necessary. Asking because, to be honest, I like the looks of the LS50 better and I already own the stands. Also seems like the Lyndorf might have an...
  14. M

The LS50W is a preamp too and thus has volume control already. So there would be two of them in the chain… the Flex and the LS50W. And I imagine that in the Flex it’s done digitally, while in the LS50W I think it’s analog, right before the amp. Just questioning from a sound quality standpoint.
  15. M

Stereo is the goal. Regarding amp power, I think the original suggestion was to use a powered sub or subs, letting the Lyngdorf power the “normal” speakers with a high-pass filter so that the power required to run them isn’t so much. Hopefully I understood that correctly. Also, yes, playback...
Top Bottom