Recent content by MKR

1. M

The quest for my hyper speaker - Very Large room dilemma

Got it, thanks for the clarification… well, OP has a MUCH bigger listening space than I do, so even though I am needing (wanting :)) a system with high SPL capability, OP definitely needs some beast speakers, which may result in a different choice. With that said, certainly just about all of...
  2. M

The quest for my hyper speaker - Very Large room dilemma

Whoever OP is it sure ain’t me if that is what you are insinuating
  3. M

best home theater speakers (5.1) under 30k

Welcome to ASR! With that budget you can certainly put together a truly stunning system. I am on a similar (very long) journey :) … maybe below will be helpful for you … https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/end-game-speakers-the-quest-continues.52219/
  4. M

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

Once again, and then I bow out of this one and you get the last word (you are not hearing or understanding what I am saying, or just using this as an opportunity to attack me as usual), I am not a “professional objective” reviewer and those that claim to be should be held to a higher standard...
  5. M

Did you even read my post? And no objective science behind the 8Cs? Huh? You have seen the measurements of the 8Cs, yes?
  6. M

Ha! I have been called out :cool: … in fact I have auditioned already the Revels, Kiis, and Genelec (though with a caveat I have not heard the Kii or Genelec with their corresponding LF stacks). And I think most are aware of the conclusions at the time … For my ears/preferences, the Salon 2s...
  7. M

Entry level? I beg to differ at $30k … and not as wide dispersion as the Salons
  8. M

Yup, I can be just as subjective as anyone else, but you are missing the main point of my comment … acoustic memory
  9. M

This review was definitely a bit over the top, more Stereophile-like than what I have come to expect from Erin, a bit disappointed. And indeed, what happened to the other “best ever” speakers Erin has reviewed? They must be feeling quite betrayed right now :p … not taking anything away from...
  10. M

Amphion Krypton 3X

Heard them at the Florida audio show recently, they were very good
  11. M

Southwest Audio Fest announced -- Dallas, TX -- March 15-17, 2024--Exhibitor list now up

Speaking of panels were the Clarysis or Diptyques there?
  12. M

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Great write up on the Kii vs Spendor. In fact I had a very similar opinion of the Kiis when I heard them, and as I think you know, were on my original short list but dropped as I found other solutions that for my ears were far better. Were the Kiis running the BXT? Regardless, my intent is...
  13. M

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Out of curiosity, what aspects of the Spendor did you prefer over the Kiis? And back to cardioid … What other cardioid designs have you heard? I didn’t care for the Kiis near as much as other cardioid designs and I wonder if your preference would be different if you would experience other...
  14. M

End Game Speakers - The Quest Continues

Very sorry @MattHooper , I fully missed this one. Great questions. Electrostatic … I have heard MLs on multiple occasions (though not recently) and while they had some nice traits to be sure, never really did it for me. Never heard Quads. Ribbon/planar … As you should know, two ribbon...
  15. M

Southwest Audio Fest announced -- Dallas, TX -- March 15-17, 2024--Exhibitor list now up

Always wanted to hear the Daedalus, but never seen them at a show. Cool they were there. Are those two tweeters I see, or photo lighting playing tricks on my eyes?
Top Bottom