Recent content by MkgandKembaFan

1. M

Best portable DAC/amp under $50?

A bevy of IEM's, HD 6xx, and potentially a Sundara
  2. M

Best portable DAC/amp under $50?

Hey! Are there any transparent DAC/amps for under $50? If not, what get's the closest?
  3. M

Yamaha RH-5Ma Review (On-ear Headphone)

Amazing stuff, Amir! How can I drop ship you the Koss KPH30i's for review?
  4. M

Is power the only way to compare amplifiers in terms of how loud they can make headphones?

Thank you! I'm a complete noob, so could you give me a run down or point me to some resources on how you did your calculations and what the terms specifically mean?
  5. M

Is power the only way to compare amplifiers in terms of how loud they can make headphones?

So the gain level is a much better determinant of loudness than total power? Balanced on the FA-12. On the Magni 3+, about 1:30 and 12:45 on the Asgard 3. Thank you!
  6. M

I was speaking of impedance with respect to the headphones, not the amps. I imagine the out impedances are the same for them
  7. M

I don't have much of a frame of reference for how loud a DB is. Is there a good resource on that?
  8. M

What do you mean by maximum gain? Also, if both amps are gain limited to the same loudness, what's the purpose of the extra power on the Asgard 3?
  9. M

No issues driving them, thankfully. They get plenty loud (not ear splittingly, but enough that maxed out on high gain the Magni 3+ drives them to levels I wouldn't want to listen to for very long). I'm not complaining that they don't get loud enough; I'm just asking about something that I...
  10. M

Both in high gain, maxed out. Both using (separate) Modi 3+ which doesn't have volume control
  11. M

I'm asking because when comparing the Schiit Magni 3+ to the Schitt Asgard 3, the Asgard 3 seems to only be marginally louder on the Fostex T60's. I understand they're lower impedance and therefore more current based, but I was still shocked to find that the Asgard 3 didn't really make them all...
  12. M

How to get 4 Vrms from RCA?

In a couple of his reviews of Toppings products, Amir mentioned that to get the full power ratings, a DAC outputing 4 volts via RCA would be required. Is there anyway of increasing the voltage on a given DAC? If not, which specific DACs do you recommend that have 4 volt RCA?
Top Bottom